Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Who has the best burger in Twins Territory?

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who has the best burger in Twins Territory?

For the longest while, I used to say it was either (in no particular order): (1) The Gold Nugget in Minnetonka, (2) Matt's Bar in Minneapolis or (3) The Nook in St Paul. Now, I think it goes to Shamrocks (run by the owners of the Nook) in St Paul. What say you, what's the best burger in Twins Territory?

Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    The Blue Door Pub in St. Paul. Hands down.
    http://thebdp.com/
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have not been able to get to the BDP yet. I hear terrific things. One place I forgot to mention was King's in Miesville, outstanding cow patty.

I was at the Nook the other night. Tried the Spanish Juicy Lucy with Chorizo. Fantastic. They are #1 in my book. Havent been to BDP yet though.

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If anyone is traveling up to the Iron Range for a vacation this summer and likes burgers you should stop at Gordy's Hi Hat in Cloquet. It's been a family owned restaurant for more than 50 years and they have awesome burgers, real fruit shakes and homemade chili. (I'm also told the onion rings are killer but I don't really like onion rings.) If you're looking for a good fast food burger, I'm partial to Five Guys. There are a few Twin Cities locations now...

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ike's Roadhouse Steakburger and the guac made at your table with hot fresh chips--on Sixth St. near Target Center. Fabulous!

Worth noting the Elvis Burger at Bullfrog on Hennepin in Minneapolis: Burger, Bacon, Peanut Butter and Fried Banana. (Warning: by consuming this burger you tacitly acknowledge a desire to look like Elvis)
    Peanuts From Heaven