Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dominos begin to fall

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Dominos begin to fall

According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee, WI Journal Sentinel, Ryan Braun has been suspended for the remainder of the season for his part in Biogenesis scandal. Mr. Braun will not appeal.
    MLB suspends Ryan Braun for remainder of season - JSOnline

My take: Good. I do not see how he washes the egg off of his face on this one. Mr. Braun - No Hall of Fame for You! (if he would have even made it in the first place)
    "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'."
    Henry Jones, Sr.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 613 Times in 342 Posts
    "I realize now that I made some mistakes"

Just realized that now huh? I wonder what kind of hell that poor drug tester who got raked over the coals feels about your "mistakes" last time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    "I realize now that I made some mistakes"

Just realized that now huh? I wonder what kind of hell that poor drug tester who got raked over the coals feels about your "mistakes" last time.
    I imagine there is a Lawsuit being put together as I type this.
    "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'."
    Henry Jones, Sr.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Suspended for the remainder of a lost season. They should all be suspended for the beginning of next season.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Ryan Braun is a piece of ****. The Lance of Armstrong of baseball. Even Arod has more class.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 613 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Ryan Braun is a piece of ****. The Lance of Armstrong of baseball. Even Arod has more class.
    I've heard a lot of people saying this. To me, Arod's "class" was more just because had already beaten the system for several giant contracts and a seat in the record books. I always took it as smug satisfaction for being caught well past when it mattered.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, Arod is a total punk.

Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Braun has always carried himself as a douche bag and I'm not sorry that he finally is getting what he deserves. I would hope for his contract to be voided but I'm certain that someone else would come along and offer him a bigger contract so he'd still win.

i guess his name now goes on the leaflet "infamous jewish sports legends"

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We may allow some slight extra leeway here, but please keep in mind the TD policy against name calling. I share the sentiment against Braun, but the policy remains in place, even as to this unsavory player.

Quote Originally Posted by buckninetyone View Post
    i guess his name now goes on the leaflet "infamous jewish sports legends"
    Surely you must be joking.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    MLB now has the evidence needed to prove its cases. (I believe). Most of the remainder will be the length of the suspensions, not the fact they will be suspended.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 107 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raindog View Post
    Bud Selig just popped his first stiff one in 10 years.
    Thanks for the nightmare Tom

Liked 1,189 Times in 694 Posts
    Can't wait to read what all the MVP apologists et. al. have to say about all of this. Geez, maybe he could pass the award along to the drug tester.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 813 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As our local media is wont to do, they won't have to look far to dig up a "local angle" to this rapidly developing story. I'm speaking of course, of the Trevor Plouffe/Ryan Braun connection, per Mackey's article of one year ago http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...n_Braun061512:

"Braun, 28, and Plouffe, who turned 26 on Friday, have known each other for about 15 years. Plouffe played youth baseball with Braun's younger brother Steve, who played in the Brewers system from 2008-2010.

"Plouffe was the 20th overall pick in 2004, and Braun was the fifth overall pick in 2005, and both signed with the same agent after their respective drafts."

"Since Braun was drafted, the two have worked out together every offseason underneath the baseball stadium at Pepperdine University in an old, abandoned gymnasium they call "The Dungeon.""

"And this offseason, when Braun was under fire for failing a performance-enhancing drug test, Plouffe defended his friend adamantly on Twitter and to reporters."

"I think of him like a little brother," Braun said. "I've known him forever, and he's one of my good friends. ... It's been a lot of fun to watch the success he's had. ..."

Trevor has yet to comment on these developments. "Guilt by association" comes naturally to a sensationalistic media. While there is absolutely no evidence concerning Plouffe and PEDs/Biogenesis, will that stop the media from openly speculating on the matter?

Blog Entries
    Henry Jones, Sr.

thank god the only things joe mauer is guilty of is hugging puppies and agonizingly boring interviews.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 813 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buckninetyone View Post
    thank god the only things joe mauer is guilty of is hugging puppies and agonizingly boring interviews.
    Could he just "suspend" doing those interviews?..."agonizing" is the aptly operative adjective here....

although.... I was quite surprised at listening to Terry Steinbach yesterday, postgame, he just single-handedly wrestled the mantle of "Cliche Master" from both Joe and Gardy in one press conference....brutal. And Terry's a guy who invariably has a history of quite insightful interviews.

Plouffe seems to do a good job, Doumit too. I heard Casey Fien for the first time last weekend, he was terrific and he brought out some insight on Ullger prepping the outfielders concerning the nuances of Target Field and situational fielding considerations.

Member Rookie
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    While there is absolutely no evidence concerning Plouffe and PEDs/Biogenesis, will that stop the media from openly speculating on the matter?
    It would seem you have just done precisely what you are accusing the media of potentially doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast