Thread: Article: Tuesday Twins Minor League Report

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Tuesday Twins Minor League Report

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    That would be such a boost for the organization if Hicks' power is finally coming around. Everyone has been saying he has such a great eye at the plate for his development level. High contact rate plus strong pitch selection plus above average power equals worth the wait.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like that Hicks hit a HR from the left side of the plate today.
    I heard from someone that went to the Snappers opening day that Madision Boer was almost all fastballs. I wonder if the cold weather had anything to do with that. Gonna be in the upper 40's/lower 50's by 1st pitch in Geneva, IL tomorrow, so we'll see if he throws many breaking balls.
    Good think for Oswaldo Arcia tonight...a triple and a double. Bad thing...3 strike outs.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am really enjoying these reports. Thanks for doing such a great job!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice touch on the Hicks photo. Hope its nothing serious with Dozier.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    According to Dozier, on last night's podcast, he should be in the lineup tonight for the Red Wings. He didn't seem to think it was much. In fact, he tweaked his back on his double on Monday night. He stayed in the game and hit a 2-run homer later that won the game.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Righty8383-On opening night Boer, as I think about it now, looked like he was not mixing it up much and that it probably caught up with him the second time into the lineup. But it was cold and you have to wonder how much of a grip he was able to get on the ball. Upper 40's will be about a 10 degree difference. On the other hand the Peoria pitcher was in the same weather and had a much better outing.

Nice to have something positive to talk about with the Twins, but the pitching still worries me in the minors. One thing I have noticed is this year so far it is the top prospects performing and not a lower prospect overperforming. Sano, Rosario, Hicks, Arcia, Dozier and Morales. Gives you a little hope that what could be in 2014 could become a reality.

I have to get to Clinton this weekend to catch the Sano/Rosario power trip. This could be a once in a decade team for a minor league fan.

Thanks to Seth as always.

Ouch on the Bromberg performance. I was really expecting a bounce back from him this year. Let's hope it was just and early season aberration.