Thread: Article: Dozier's hot start is hard to ignore

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Article: Dozier's hot start is hard to ignore

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Give it another week of hitting the cover off the ball, I think there is a spot up top for him early to send a message. Gardy may have to do something extreme early to wake the Twins up.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 136 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The question isn't whether Dozier will be promoted, it is when. The starting middle infielders have generally played decent defense, but have combined for one hit. Dozier is regarded as Carroll's equal in the field and certainly can hit better than Jamie has so far.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Dozier is regarded as Carroll's equal in the field .
    By whom? I've only seen him play one game and don't recall reading this anywhere from anyone with the Twins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brian Dozier is doing exactly what's needed to get that promotion to the show. With Carroll and Casilla both failing to hit, it won't be long before Gardenhire can't wait any longer for a competent infielder that comes to the plate ready to do some damage.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 136 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dozier's defense

Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    By whom? I've only seen him play one game and don't recall reading this anywhere from anyone with the Twins.
    John Shipley wrote that Dozier 'had the best glove of all the infielders in camp" on 3/31. I saw a few games in ST and thought he had good range, perhaps a bit better than Carroll's and an okay arm. I heard Gladden make a comment on the radio about Dozier's defense--something to the effect that he can make all the plays and has enough arm--and that is precisely what has been said of Carroll.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    John Shipley wrote that Dozier 'had the best glove of all the infielders in camp" on 3/31. I saw a few games in ST and thought he had good range, perhaps a bit better than Carroll's and an okay arm. I heard Gladden make a comment on the radio about Dozier's defense--something to the effect that he can make all the plays and has enough arm--and that is precisely what has been said of Carroll.
    Thanks. I missed that from Shipley and don't get to hear many games on the radio (especially in Spring Training when I only get a bit over lunch breaks since they mostly play in the day).

John Shipley also text-rolled his eyes at the Gardy quote saying Florimon was the best defender. I'm not sure that cat has real big league eye for defense. Dozier has to keep it up until the cutoff point for the super two. They don't want to sacrifice a whole year of service time. And you'll probably see Parmelee sent down at the same time, if his boot-shaking in big spots doesn't die down. They'll give him some time to be nervous, I'm sure, but right now he looks freaked at the bat.

Liked 203 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsaari View Post
    And you'll probably see Parmelee sent down at the same time, if his boot-shaking in big spots doesn't die down. They'll give him some time to be nervous, I'm sure, but right now he looks freaked at the bat.
    Didn't he come up with a hit in the 9th inning in one of the games?

Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogrulz30 View Post
    Give it another week of hitting the cover off the ball, I think there is a spot up top for him early to send a message. Gardy may have to do something extreme early to wake the Twins up.
    Can he pitch? That is where all the problems start when you can't hold a team down with lousy starting pitching. You could add any one bat to this team and you would still have the same result. If they had Fielder, Pujols, Kemp or Cabera solo HR's are not gonna help when nobody can get on base.