Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Article: Monday in the Minors

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,919
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    Article: Monday in the Minors


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    556
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    The HR's from Sano are great. Nice to see him take a couple walks though too. I see Eddie Rosario is turning into quite a base stealer. I'm looking forward to what Matt Summers can do tomorrow as a starter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,420
    Like
    63
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Yo Seth. Do you know if Aaron Hicks has made any adjustments to his game? Last year for him was a step backwards except for the AFL. I remember a few years back reading a well circulated baseball rag that he had the potential to be an "Eric Davis". That made me think of 25+ HR's and 40+ SB's. His stats do not indicate that will ever be truth, but to go out on that analytical limb had me a bit excited (Eric Davis would have had a HOF career if not for the injuries... he was a game changer). Where are you on the subject of Aaron Hicks?

  4. #4
    That's good to hear about Alex Wimmers. Let's hope it's only the beginning. These minor league roundups are terrific Seth--good work!

  5. #5
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,919
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Yo Seth. Last year for him was a step backwards except for the AFL. I remember a few years back reading a well circulated baseball rag that he had the potential to be an "Eric Davis". That made me think of 25+ HR's and 40+ SB's. His stats do not indicate that will ever be truth, but to go out on that analytical limb had me a bit excited (Eric Davis would have had a HOF career if not for the injuries... he was a game changer). Where are you on the subject of Aaron Hicks?
    Last year wasn't a step backwards for him. He advanced a level and certainly had ups and downs, but he made some adjustments. I was somewhat surprised that he is starting this year at New Britain because there is no rush with him yet. As for the 'potential', he still has the tools to become a 30 SB/20 HR type of guy. The guy has a world of potential.

    I'm still quite high on Hicks. He's down to earth. Very athletic, strong and fast. Defensively, he's already ready. Great defensive CF or RF with a rocket for an arm. Great patience at the plate. He's got very good speed. Will he ever be a .300 hitter? Probably not. Will he hit 30 HR? Probably not. But he should still be a very solid big leaguer.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A Teflon's Avatar
    Posts
    226
    Like
    0
    Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    I enjoy reading your minor league recaps, Seth. Thanks for the reports!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    117
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's always nice when there are some positive to talk about in the Twins' organization. Thanks!
    Sano and Rosario and Dozier are nice, but obvious. It's nice to see a guy like Bigley stepping up. He's hitting well and the PO to Hermann sounded impressive for both guys--great throw, great catch, and impressive tag.

  8. #8
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,919
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Be sure to check out Twins Fan From Afar's blog on Alex Wimmers' AA debut last night... http://www.twinsdaily.com/entry.php?...elongs-Up-Here

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    I enjoy reading your minor league recaps, Seth. Thanks for the reports!

    Agree Completely! Love Seth's articles!

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    4,607
    Like
    501
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Thanks Seth

  11. #11
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    318
    Like
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    The HR's from Sano are great. Nice to see him take a couple walks though too. I see Eddie Rosario is turning into quite a base stealer. I'm looking forward to what Matt Summers can do tomorrow as a starter.
    Rosario has been a premier base stealer since he was signed. In his rookie professional season two years ago, he led the GCL in stolen bases.

  12. #12
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    27
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    3

    Switch hitter issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Last year wasn't a step backwards for him. He advanced a level and certainly had ups and downs, but he made some adjustments. I was somewhat surprised that he is starting this year at New Britain because there is no rush with him yet. As for the 'potential', he still has the tools to become a 30 SB/20 HR type of guy. The guy has a world of potential.

    I'm still quite high on Hicks. He's down to earth. Very athletic, strong and fast. Defensively, he's already ready. Great defensive CF or RF with a rocket for an arm. Great patience at the plate. He's got very good speed. Will he ever be a .300 hitter? Probably not. Will he hit 30 HR? Probably not. But he should still be a very solid big leaguer.
    The issue to watch is the left/right split. He has proven he can hit lefties, but he hasn't proven he can hit righties. Batting left-handed through his career has been a struggle. Thus, the fact that he hit a boomer and a solid single last night--as a right handed batter--doesn't speak to his progress. Until he can hit righties as a left handed batter, his future is questionable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.