Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official sano HR thread

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Official sano HR thread

After blasting 2 HRs tonight making it 3 already this season I thought i would start a thread. This kid is a complete specimen

Liked 2,201 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will come back from time to time and read it

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let's hope Joe Vavra or Gardenhire never work with him or he will be ruined.

Liked 3,012 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post

I prefer to hope he can stay a thirdbaseman, and become a good one, at that.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have seen him play 3rd in Beloit and actually had my fears calmed by watching him play the position. But it is game 4 and Low A ball and he is 18. Long way to go with him, but so far so good.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asmus_ndsu View Post
    After blasting 2 HRs tonight making it 3 already this season I thought i would start a thread. This kid is a complete specimen
    Not certain that "complete" is the right word. I mean, he's got amazing power, but he's got a long way to go. He's the most exciting prospect the Twins system has had since Mauer/Morneau/Kubel. If he can learn to put the ball in play more, he will be special!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    The beauty is that both home runs today were hit to the opposite field which means he stays back well and uses the whole field... that's a very good thing!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let me guess...you think Vavra will turn him into a slap hitting, opposite field singles hitter. I alway laugh when I read stuff like this.

Not to take anything away from 2 homers - but the wind was howling out to right field ( 25 to 40mph ). I'm surprised that there weren't a few more hit.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 191 Times in 117 Posts
    Obviously it's early but the midwest league is supposed to be a pitchers league and Sano is one of the youngest players in the league and he's leading it (very early) in home runs. Very exciting.

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kevin Goldstein was at the game, couple tweets from him:

"Sano oppo bomb into the wind. Wow moment."

"second home run for Sano. He's hit neither squarely."

"If not, awfully close QT @MnkysThrwngDrts: That's 80 power, right? RT @Kevin_Goldstein: second home run for Sano. He's hit neither squarely."
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sano's SLG% is no longer 4X his batting average...he just hit a single.

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well it is good that he showed that he can get something other than a home run. Hopefully there will be some doubles in the mix as well

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    But he just short-hopped the fence for an RBI triple, so adding the single and the triple together, and it's kind of like a home run... right?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    My tweet from about 20 minutes ago:

SSS Fun: Sano started yesterday 0-1 and was hitting .091 (1-11). Since then, he is 4-5 (1B, 3B, 2-HR) and is now hitting .313 (5-16).

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    My tweet from about 20 minutes ago:

SSS Fun: Sano started yesterday 0-1 and was hitting .091 (1-11). Since then, he is 4-5 (1B, 3B, 2-HR) and is now hitting .313 (5-16).
    I just hope that he can do this through every level, and not fizz away once he hits AA ball or something like that. Sano, Rosario, Hicks, and Wimmers are my 4 Favorite Minor-Leaguers.
    -Go Twins

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bballfan View Post
    Not to take anything away from 2 homers - but the wind was howling out to right field ( 25 to 40mph ). I'm surprised that there weren't a few more hit.
    From Kevin Goldstein's tweet, it sounded like he hit them into the wind, meaning the wind was blowing in from right.

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    If he keeps crushing, I hope the Twins don't decide to keep in low-A because of his age. I know it's too early to think of this, but I'd really like to see how he does against some breaking pitches in the upper levels of the minors. He reminds me of M.Cabrera, and Cabrera held his own as a 20 year old for the Marlins. At this point, I know we can only dream of him becoming a Cabrera, but the team's 0-4, let's dream!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    If we are lucky they will both be fired before the season ends to calm your fears.

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sano's start is encouraging for sure, but he isn't "complete"....yet.

Needs to cut down on his K's but the good news is he is still super young and has power you just can't teach. If he tears up Beloit this season we are looking at top 5-10 prospect in all of baseball!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast