Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dozier Watch

Dozier Watch

How long until Jamey Carrol gets replaced by Brian Dozier. Carrol is hitless and Dozier is just killing it down in triple A. Hitting over .450 with three doubles and a homer tonight.

We are not looking good in the bigs. We need this guy.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    It will be a while. Although Carroll did not get a hit today, he walked twice. Although he booted one possible double play ball (it was ruled a hit), he is not the cause of the major league clubs losing streak. Dozier will not make this team a winner simply by his arrival. Dozier will stay in Rochester and learn his craft, he will only get promoted if Carroll is injured or his play begins to cost the Twins games. We are not even close to that point yet.

This is actually one move I would like to see Twins make ASAP!

If we win like five of our first 20 or so and Dozier is still hitting, Terry Ryan will at least have to think about going young at that position.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think that at this point it is more likely for the AAA hitting coach to come North than Dozier.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Tom Brunansky. I think the Twins are pretty high on him. The Twins did hit really well two years ago with Vavra but didn't do much last year and look awful this year.

i honestly think all its going to take is Casilla faltering.....move Carroll to 2b and let Dozier bat 9th and get acclimated to the MLB.

Carroll does what the Twins want and has a history as a solid 2 hitter.

Casilla has been injury prone and streaky.
    Last edited by Westgaard66; 04-09-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Minn55441,

Jamey Carroll booting the double play ball in the 7th inning did cost the Twins the game. Once the double was hit by Chris Iannetta and two more runs scored the game was over. What game were you watching???
    Last edited by Fanatic Jack; 04-09-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will post the same thing I posted on another message board that I frequent...

Its widely expected that Dozier will come up at some point in the season. I
    want him up NOW! Or at least in the next couple weeks. I am a patient Twins fan.
    I usually don't endorse kneejerk reactions to poor play. But, would it really be
    a kneejerk reaction to get rid of Casilla? I don't think so. If it were up to me
    Casilla would be dropped like a bad habit.

Dozier is ready. Not just because he is 9-19 with a HR and 3 doubles in AAA,
    he was solid in Spring training. He has a sure glove and and can get the bat on
    the ball and even provide occasional pop. All of which he can do better than
    both Carrol and Casilla.

I want Dozier as the everyday SS. Carrol can share 2B with Luke Hughes. So
    what are you waiting for Terry Ryan? After all these years is there any reason
    to believe that Casilla will ever be the hitter you once hoped he would be?

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 811 Times in 511 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Minn55441,

Jamey Carroll booting the double play ball in the 7th inning did cost the Twins the game. Once the double was hit by Chris Iannetta and two more runs scored the game was over. What game were you watching???
    The Twins scored one run yesterday... they were down 2-0 in the first... Not sure what game you watched, but it was over before he booted that double play.

Dozier Should Stay with Red Wings

Very tempting to pull him up now. It's not the right decision, he needs to stay at AAA for the majority of the year. Pulling up a hot hitting young SS before he's ready for the majors will not help the Twins. Leave Dozier down, let him develop, I don't care if he hits 400 all year. 2013 is his year. Let him learn his craft down there.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Minn55441,

You can simply hit the "Reply With Quote" button you know.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 376 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just for fun speculation... Brian Dozier is not in the Rochester Red Wing lineup today... Ray Chang gets the nod at SS. OK, I'm sure it's just an off-day, probably...

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth trying to stir the pot...I really don't see the Twins making any moves this early. There is a good chance that Dozier will be called up sometime this year, but I don't see it happening until an injury. Hughes would take over before they made a move.
    I bent my wookie...

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A little food for thought for the ones who are mentioning Dozier's Spring Training performance: Alexi Casilla (and Luke Hughes) out-played him this spring.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 376 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    Seth trying to stir the pot...I really don't see the Twins making any moves this early. There is a good chance that Dozier will be called up sometime this year, but I don't see it happening until an injury. Hughes would take over before they made a move.
    Agreed. They absolutely should not make a move this early. They need to let the season play out a little bit. Obviously Jamey Carroll is going to get some hits this year and continue to play terrific defense (minus the dive that could have been a DP yesterday). Joe Mauer will hit over .150. They will have more than 3 players hit over .200.

J.J. Hardy.... Too soon?

I want Dozier up now--and Carroll/Hughes playing 2b. I know it wont happen until my birthday (June 3)--that way Twins keep Dozier under control for another season before he gets to arbitration and free agency...

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is it too much to ask for him be great/dominant for 40 games in AAA instead of 4?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserED62 View Post
    Very tempting to pull him up now. It's not the right decision, he needs to stay at AAA for the majority of the year. Pulling up a hot hitting young SS before he's ready for the majors will not help the Twins. Leave Dozier down, let him develop, I don't care if he hits 400 all year. 2013 is his year. Let him learn his craft down there.
    What do you mean he's not ready. He's 24 years old. He had played major college ball for a few years and has been in the minors since. "Learn his craft" just sounds like another lousy cliche to me. Really, what does a player of his age and experience need to learn. His fielding his fine, his hitting is solid he doesn't strike out much. He was ready during spring training and he's ready now. "learn his craft"...what a joke!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast