Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Surly Bandwagon

  1. #1
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,283
    Like
    299
    Liked 143 Times in 90 Posts

    Surly Bandwagon

    For those of us Twins fans that love fine beer and watching a Twins game, Surly has announced they are they are releasing an exclusive brew available only at Target Field. Surly Bandwagon!

    http://mnbeer.com/2012/04/09/surly-b...-target-field/
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  2. #2
    Awesome to hear that Target Field is now serving Surly brew. It'll be nice to have an alternative to the regular Bud/Miller/Coors swill. Hopefully it's not $10 a cup.

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,365
    Like
    1,322
    Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts
    OMG, as a non-beerdrinker, the title of this thread brought to mind a lot different image.

    I imagine there will be a lot of Twins fans on the "Surly bandwagon" this season. Hasn't taken long for the Twins to send them there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Posts
    777
    Like
    18
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    I might have to take in a game, just for that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Triple-A Gernzy's Avatar
    Posts
    432
    Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Like
    1
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'll have to try that my first game.
    I bent my wookie...

  6. #6
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    603
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    $7.75 a cup, only $0.50 more than a Bud. Unfortunately, as an employee at Target Field, I may never get to taste it

  7. #7
    The price is good when you compare it to the same size Bud Light, however be prepared for a wait. Yesterday the line was about 2 sections long shortly before first pitch. The stand is somewhere around section 125 for those that are in search of it. I imagine that if the lines persist they will find a way to add another cart.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,283
    Like
    299
    Liked 143 Times in 90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    $7.75 a cup, only $0.50 more than a Bud. Unfortunately, as an employee at Target Field, I may never get to taste it
    $7.75 isn't that bad for craft beer at a baseball game. Surly is generally $5 to $6 at many bars anyway.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  9. #9
    Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Posts
    578
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    430
    Long lines are going to continue to be a theme unless they make some changes at some point this year.

  10. #10
    I can't say enough how much this excites me. Can't wait to get to a game and try out the exclusive Target Field brew.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    445
    Like
    1
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Surly is $7.75 for a 20oz cup ($0.50 more than budweiser).

  12. #12
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    208
    Like
    1
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Christie View Post
    Long lines are going to continue to be a theme unless they make some changes at some point this year.
    Long lines, this year, at Target Field.


    Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha Ha ha ha

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesfan11 View Post
    I can't say enough how much this excites me. Can't wait to get to a game and try out the exclusive Target Field brew.
    It's an IPA. Yick. I suppose it's similar to Surly Furious which is OK.
    Last edited by powrwrap; 04-10-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Posts
    546
    Like
    0
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Surly Bandwagon may turn out to be an unfortunate name for this year's Twins. Picture forty thousand people that all buy tickets to get drunk and boo the local nine...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    It's an IPA. Yick. I suppose it's similar to Surly Furious which is OK.
    Not an IPA fan? I'm a total sucker for every beer they make, I have to get my hands on all of their limited run and anniversary beers every year. Don't live in the metro area so unfortunately I miss out on quite a few of their limited run taps at the bars. If bandwagon is anything like furious it should be great.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesfan11 View Post
    Not an IPA fan? If bandwagon is anything like furious it should be great.
    Don't really get into the tang of an IPA. I've had Furious on tap and it was pretty good. Out of the can I was disappointed.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

  17. #17
    Senior Member Triple-A Gernzy's Avatar
    Posts
    432
    Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Like
    1
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    Don't really get into the tang of an IPA. I've had Furious on tap and it was pretty good. Out of the can I was disappointed.
    98% of all beer from a can is terrible.
    I bent my wookie...

  18. #18


    NSFW or small children.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    98% of all beer from a can is terrible.
    Sorry, but that is a poor blanket statement to make. Whether a beer is in a brown glass bottle or can, the taste of the beer does not change*, any difference is a misconception. There is no metallic taste from a can, contrary to popular belief. *The only difference is that a can lets no light in and a brown bottle lets in a small amount of light, which can damage a beer's taste because it reacts with the different chemical compounds in the beer and alters the taste of them. In this way a can is a better packaging than glass. I will also add, that if you are making the distinction between beer from a can and beer on draft, all beer on draft is in a keg, which is essentially a very large stainless can.

    I just want defend against this common misconception and let you know that canned beer is not a bad thing. Now if you are saying this because the vast majority of canned beer is "triple hops brewed," pulled by clydesdales, and cold brewed; then that is a different argument all together.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kpark View Post
    Sorry, but that is a poor blanket statement to make. Whether a beer is in a brown glass bottle or can, the taste of the beer does not change*, any difference is a misconception. There is no metallic taste from a can, contrary to popular belief. *The only difference is that a can lets no light in and a brown bottle lets in a small amount of light, which can damage a beer's taste because it reacts with the different chemical compounds in the beer and alters the taste of them. In this way a can is a better packaging than glass. I will also add, that if you are making the distinction between beer from a can and beer on draft, all beer on draft is in a keg, which is essentially a very large stainless can.

    I just want defend against this common misconception and let you know that canned beer is not a bad thing. Now if you are saying this because the vast majority of canned beer is "triple hops brewed," pulled by clydesdales, and cold brewed; then that is a different argument all together.
    Nice first post, kpark. You're 100% correct. I wish Target Field would do more with canned beers, since they're very consumer friendly. In addition to Surly, they should be stocking Dale's Pale Ale (if you haven't tried it, you're in for a treat), and, dream beer: Paulaner Hefeweizen. Yes, they're now selling it in cans, and it's darn good (though European canning uses a liter scale, so the can is only 11.4 oz.).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.