Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 165 Times in 97 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Trade Talk: The St. Louis Cardinals

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 173 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate reading the reports and reading about some sleeper names in other organizations.

My apologies ahead. It isn't my intention to devalue your work with a thought that occurred as I read the current trade article.

The Twins don't fit well with many teams. I wonder if writing from the perspective of the Twins assets might also be worthwhile.

For example, writing from the perspective of Justin Morneau. Headings might include. Why trade him? Why keep him? Which teams might fit? What trades for the last 2 or 3 years might be comps to Justin (to set an expected level of return)? How will the Twins fill the hole when he leaves?

Players might include Morneau, Perkins, Plouffe, Doumit, Carroll, Willingham, Duensing, Burton, Correia and Pelfrey.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 825 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I cannot help but wonder if you are saving the best fits for last. Boston makes a ton of sense, but you haven't profiled them yet...

As for the guys on this list... I'd be OK with a Jenkins/Duensing swap, but that might be about it. The rest are pretty MEH. That 1B is nice, but if the Twins are going to trade something of value to get a guy of that caliber, I'd rather it be a higher ceiling SS or more SP help.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets be honest the Twins aren't gonna make any trades and if they do it will be a bad trade that leaves us all wondering what happened. If they do make a trade it will be one of our only decent players for a low level prospect that wont amount to anything. Its the Twins way.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
    Lets be honest the Twins aren't gonna make any trades and if they do it will be a bad trade that leaves us all wondering what happened. If they do make a trade it will be one of our only decent players for a low level prospect that wont amount to anything. Its the Twins way.
    This seems exceedingly pessimistic. What about the Knoblauch trade? The Pierzynski trade? The Gomez trade? The Milton abd Romero trades worked out well too. Sure, there many trades that did not work out in the Twins' favor, but no franchise has a 100% success rate.

Shameless plug: I'll be recapping all these trades and much, much more at my blog over the next month or so. The link is in my signature and I need to go take a shower.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
    Lets be honest
    tumblr_m3eq9oV5QB1qcpel0.jpg

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 865 Times in 556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Could the Trade Talk series be pinned into its own group? I think for the next 2-3 weeks this will be the nexxus topic, especially compared to the on-field performance.

I'm interested in hearing the outlook for trading with the Red Sox and especially, the Orioles. The Birds have a yawning need for another lefty in the bullpen and Jim Johnson is having a near-creaky year as the closer- 6 blown saves and a near-4.00 ERA.

Plus, they are already enamored with former Twins- they could really use a right-handed bat like Trevor Plouffe- he would be clearly a superior option at DH- he would be 4th ranked batter in OPS on the Orioles, at .773.

Two cheap options in areas of need, plus the Orioles are very hungry to build on last season's success.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Give Duensing away to anyone who will take him. He is horrible!

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Trade anyone but sign Morneau. He is our number 2 hitter and #1 RBI guy plus a good defensive player. We cannot trade him!