Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C.J. Wilson- Major League Douchebag

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

C.J. Wilson- Major League Douchebag

In addition to the Twins needing a win today to bring up morale (for the fans mostly!)
    it would be really nice to beat that punk C.J. Wilson.
    Question: Is there anyone more annoying (non Ryan Braun bracket) in all of baseball then this know it all, "straight edge" d-bag?

A: Torii Hunter.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ Pierzynski

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    nice language....you could make that point w/o that language.

I have no issues with AJ, how can anyone not like Torii?
    Lighten up Francis....

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    nice language....you could make that point w/o that language.

I have no issues with AJ, how can anyone not like Torii?
    Because he won't shut up about his former team and teammates, and he basically treated his last season on the Twins as the Torii Hunter free agency tour. "Man, I'd love to play in 'City X.' They really take care of their players here [read: give out bloated contracts to overrated veterans]."

I think Lew Ford might have reason to not like Torii right now. My least favorite players usually have little to do with them personally (how well could I possibly know them?). I've never been a fan of David Justice (playing for the Braves, Yankees, Cleveland and Athletics), Nick Swisher (Playing for Oak, the White Sox and now Yankees, he's regularly been playing on the team that elminated the Twins from the playoffs or from contention in recent years), guys like that.

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cliff Lee, Prince Fielder, Everyone with a Detroit, White Sox, Cleveland or KC uniform. Take your pick
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Hooray for non-drinking, non-smoking, non-druggy intellectuals who can throw the hell out of the ball. CJ Wilson is just the sort of d-bag the Twins need.

Manny Ramierez - now ther's a d-bag who I would never care to see in a Twins uniform.

I'd take AJ back in a heartbeat too.
    Last edited by luckylager; 04-09-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelb4zerg View Post
    Because he won't shut up about his former team and teammates, and he basically treated his last season on the Twins as the Torii Hunter free agency tour. "Man, I'd love to play in 'City X.' They really take care of their players here [read: give out bloated contracts to overrated veterans]."
    Hunter has been a smarmy little prick ever since he left Minnesota, and to be honest, he has no reason to. The Twins loved him in his time here, treated him very well and then apparently had the audacity to refuse to overpay to keep him around (read: smart baseball decision) I like Hunter as a player, but his little comments here and there ever since he left Minnesota reeks of bitterness. It should be very, very interesting to see how he reacts once he inevitably declines due to age and is no longer a starter in the league.

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylager View Post
    Hooray for non-drinking, non-smoking, non-druggy intellectuals who can throw the hell out of the ball. CJ Wilson is just the sort of d-bag the Twins need.
    Intellectual lol!

The dude is a clubhouse cancer, the majority of his teammates in Texas hated him, and there is a reason why the Rangers didn't even try to re-sign him.

How come no one has mentioned a Yankee player yet? A-Rod, Jeter? Cmon people....

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No one likes A-Rod. As much as I don't like Jeter, I do respect him. From what i've heard he's a good guy.
    I bent my wookie...

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    No one likes A-Rod. As much as I don't like Jeter, I do respect him. From what i've heard he's a good guy.
    Jete is a good guy from what I have heard, a former co worker of mine had a one night stand with him and said while cocky, he was certainly very nice. (but that is a story for a different day I suppose)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    AJ Pierzynski
    Having not met AJ, I can't really comment, but the guy has been mr. reliable behind the plate since ~2001.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

A.J. Pierzynski

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Joe Nathan always seemed like a db.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh, I forgot about Kyle Lohse!!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaDave View Post
    In addition to the Twins needing a win today to bring up morale (for the fans mostly!)
    it would be really nice to beat that punk C.J. Wilson.
    Question: Is there anyone more annoying (non Ryan Braun bracket) in all of baseball then this know it all, "straight edge" d-bag?
    I didn't realize he was straight edge. I thought the Rangers would be in to that with Josh Hamilton's CD issues.

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaDave View Post
    Hunter has been a smarmy little prick ever since he left Minnesota, and to be honest, he has no reason to. The Twins loved him in his time here, treated him very well and then apparently had the audacity to refuse to overpay to keep him around (read: smart baseball decision) I like Hunter as a player, but his little comments here and there ever since he left Minnesota reeks of bitterness. It should be very, very interesting to see how he reacts once he inevitably declines due to age and is no longer a starter in the league.

He also spent most of the Summer of 2007 going on the Dan Barreiro show, oftentimes less than 2 hours before game time, to complain about his unresolved contract situation. I found this incredibly annoying for a couple of reasons;

1. He could have been trying to figure out a way to reverse the team's fortunes. Instead, he focused on himself.

2. He repreatedly stated that it was up to the Twins, and not him, as to whether he woudl be in Minnesota after that year, as if Curt Flood had never come around.

3. He went on to say that it would be better if the Twins would just talk to him, and then flatly refused to even discuss renegotiating his contract.

4. He went on and on about not being shown loyalty by the team, while showing none whatsoever to the organization that made him a millionaire out of high school in 1994 and signed him to a series of contracts (including a 4 year, 48 million dollar contract that was the largest in team history at the time), to say nothing of the fans that bought his jerseys, voted him into all-star games, etc.

I understand that baseball is a business, and while the teams and players both have to look out for themselves first, it drives me crazy when one or ther other pretends that's not what they're doing. If you want to make as much money as possible, just say so. If loyalty to an organization and a fan base is more important, then sign a contract, and go play.

I don't mind Torii. I think he's a good guy at heart. Does he open his mouth and spout off stupid comments occasionally about the Twins or comments such as baseball being akin to "slavery"? Yes, but he was also one of the more beloved Twins for a fan base that had almost a decade of interaction with him.

Lots of players leave in free agency (Fielder, Cliff Lee, Halladay). While I was sad when it happens, the Twins made him a legitimate offer, and he decided to move on. He basically became a right fielder anyway a year into the deal, so much like the Santana thing, it really didn't end up being as big of a loss as it "felt" at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast