Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Roster changes imminent

  1. #41
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Like
    1,313
    Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    I don't know why there wasn't an option -- but Boras is his agent so that may explain alot.

  2. #42
    Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,864
    Like
    182
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    No love for Deduno? There is a legit chance he can be a viable option for next year. At the very least it is worth the rest of year to attempt to figure it out.
    I knew I was forgetting someone! Yeah, he would be the fifth guy in that scenario.

  3. #43
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,587
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    I give Diamond a little slack for 2012. Also he has more efficient innings than some of the other suspects. He has not been able to avoid the big inning and he hasn't made the big pitch when he has needed it. Hendriks is a bit different from those dubbed "career minor leaguer". Until this year, he advanced quickly through the system with a lot of success in the minors. Now, he is apparently dealing with an arm issue, but he is still young. Albers, like Diamond and Hernandez, is left handed. Somehow, some way, that makes him a more attractive option for the rotation now and in the future.

  4. #44
    Banned Triple-A
    Posts
    253
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Diamond, Pelfrey, and Walters should ALL be replaced in the rotation. These guys could be replaced by pitching machines and no one would notice. The league is hitting over .320 against these 3 guys! I challenge you to find ANY other MLB team with 3 guys giving up this many hits in their starting rotation. Worley isn't any better. Let us see Albers. Heck if he can put together a few good starts in AAA let us see Darnell. We don't want to see anymore Worley or Hendriks or any other RHP that throw 80% of their pitches the same speed and to the same location. PLEASE

  5. #45
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,394
    Like
    420
    Liked 821 Times in 516 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    With Pelfrey, I think they should trade him for whatever they can get. He's not a long term option, and his level of play hasn't indicated that he's going to get much. Even a future futility infielder would be a nice take for him. For KC, I think he would fetch something decent given the season he's had thus far. I'd sell high. Not expecting a top 100 prospect or anything, but he should bring in something of value. I do think he should be traded as well and tend to agree with Levi that Gibson, Worley, Deduno, Diamond, and Albers should be the starting 5 for the remainder of the year. Sans Gibson, the Twins need to figure out if any of these guys are worth keeping around long term.

  6. #46
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,861
    Like
    12
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I give Diamond a little slack for 2012. Also he has more efficient innings than some of the other suspects. He has not been able to avoid the big inning and he hasn't made the big pitch when he has needed it. Hendriks is a bit different from those dubbed "career minor leaguer". Until this year, he advanced quickly through the system with a lot of success in the minors. Now, he is apparently dealing with an arm issue, but he is still young. Albers, like Diamond and Hernandez, is left handed. Somehow, some way, that makes him a more attractive option for the rotation now and in the future.
    Diamond has a very obvious problem. Someone posted earlier that it is the 75 pitch mark, but the more accurate problem is he can't turn a lineup over three times. Hard to be a starter if you can't do that. I am willing to give a little slack because of the elbow injury and how that might impact his command, but there comes a time to be realistic about his stuff.
    Papers...business papers.

  7. #47
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,089
    Like
    1,822
    Liked 1,297 Times in 523 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoPilgrim View Post
    I can't remember - do we know why there wasn't an option clause? Was it because the Twins didn't offer it, or because Pelfrey wouldn't accept it?
    If it was ever reported, I don't recall reading it.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  8. #48
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,861
    Like
    12
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Remember that Baker signed first and established the market. One year with no option.

    I would imagine if the Twins want Pelfrey back they will be able to sign him. Pelfrey had family reasons for wanting to come here and I can't imagine a big bidding war will break out for his services.

  9. #49
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,587
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    It looks like there are plenty of candidates to go on the Disabled List all of a sudden. In the bullpen, both Pressly and Burton have not been effective since they were nicked and I'm sure either one could be disabled. Willingham looks almost certain to be DL bound. Doumit and Mauer apparently aren't 100% either. If Willingham is disabled (near certainty) the simplest move would be to activate Hicks. Since both catchers aren't 100%, it might make sense to recall Herrmann instead, especially since he could fill in at an outfield corner, in addition to catching.

  10. #50
    Banned Rookie
    Posts
    17
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Either carroll or escobar have to go. Keeping them both is senseless. And why Theilbar is even included in this conversation is a mystery to me.

  11. #51
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,228
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    156
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    It looks like there are plenty of candidates to go on the Disabled List all of a sudden. In the bullpen, both Pressly and Burton have not been effective since they were nicked and I'm sure either one could be disabled. Willingham looks almost certain to be DL bound. Doumit and Mauer apparently aren't 100% either. If Willingham is disabled (near certainty) the simplest move would be to activate Hicks. Since both catchers aren't 100%, it might make sense to recall Herrmann instead, especially since he could fill in at an outfield corner, in addition to catching.
    I'd expect to see Herrmann, or possibly Colabello if they want a right handed bat, if Willingham goes to the DL.

  12. #52
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,821
    Like
    1,649
    Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    I'd expect to see Herrmann, or possibly Colabello if they want a right handed bat, if Willingham goes to the DL.
    Hicks instead. Looks like the 'Free Aaron Hicks' campaign spurred on by his buck ninety/one walk/one xbh AAA blitzkrieg has finally paid off...

    You were essentially correct about the 'right-handed bat' part, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.