Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Alexi Casilla performing well in Dominican League

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Alexi Casilla performing well in Dominican League

A cursory glance at the statistics of the Dominican Winter League shows that Alexi Casilla finished second in the regular season with a .336 batting average in 119 at-bats. In 68 more at-bats in the league's playoffs, Casilla has hit .397. Combined, he's hit .358, by far the best average in the league. It is hard to get too excited over his production given the league and the sample-size, but as of right now, is Alexi Casilla be the Twins starting second baseman in 2012 and, more importantly, will he be there when the season ends?

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is no question he's the starting second baseman. The question is his health and if he can last the whole season. I'll admit I've always been more optimistic on Alexi than I should be given his history. Thanks a bunch for reeling me back in!

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 85 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think it's a given that he'll start the season at second. At this point it'd have to be viewed as a surprise if he lasted even 100 games though, since he's failed to do so in the past five years despite ample opportunity. Hopefully this is the year he finally stays healthy and turns the corner, but I'm not putting much stock into the DWL numbers.