Thread: Tomorrow's (4/7) Lineup

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow's (4/7) Lineup

I'd say the chances that Gardenhire makes no changes to the lineup are about -80% for the second game of the season tomorrow. Considering the Twins face a right-hander, what do we think he'll do?

1. Burroughs for Valencia maybe?
    2. Doumit at catcher, Mauer at 1B and ??? in RF? If he doesn't do this tomorrow, it has to be Sunday, right?
    3. Hughes at 2B and Casilla on the bench?

Any other ideas out there?

Maybe Plouffe at 2B instead of Hughes, Gardy choose him over Hughes as a defensive replacement today.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If they are facing a RH, Casilla and Doumit should be there. Would he sit Valencia? I hope not. He was good today while Burroughs popped on the first pitch he saw (that was a stupid PH, since the pitcher could not find the strike zone and Casilla is fine in drawing walks) I do not see many changes other than maybe (gulp) Revere at RF, Doumit C and Mauer at 1B.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

My predictions: I predict Plouffe starts in RF Saturday, Doumit returns to the lineup at catcher Sunday with Mauer at 1B. Not sure when Hughes and Revere get their first starts. Burroughs will wait a bit.

An interesting prediction question: what percentage of games will Doumit start in RF? I predict its less that 33%, and hope I'm right due to his defense. I think he started today because he was signed to be a starter, and Gardy wanted to at least honor that on opening day.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gardy has already said Mauer is going to play 1b on Sunday so my opinion is that Gardy will come back with same lineup. Need some continuity to get going.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts
    I'd say it's possible Plouffe goes to right and Doumit plays 1st but more likely we'll see the same lineup and get Plouffe in right, Mauer at 1st and Doumit catching on Sunday. I don't think Gardy will pull Parmalee's bat from the lineup twice so early, despite the pitching match-up.

Hopefully we'll see Hughes coming in at some point, would be nice to see him sooner than later after the spring he had.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm guessing same lineup tomorrow, but if it's close towards the end Doumit gets lifted for Revere or Plouffe. Sunday is when we'll see a shakeup, Mauer to 1b, Doumit to Catcher, Plouffe to RF