Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Gleeman & The Geek on KFAN!

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Gleeman & The Geek on KFAN!

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So will the unplugged part be podcastable or only the first hour?

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I read the next line and answered my own question.

With this dedicated hour of Twins talk on KFAN, that will bring the grand total each week up to one hour (hyperbole intended.) More Twins talk; always a good decision.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    During the season, I think you'll hear quite a bit of Twins talk. PA does a LOT on the Twins, especially during that 11AM FSN hour. Common also talks about them quite a bit, especially with Rosen. Barreiro has Coomer and LaVelle on regularly. I'll grant you: it's never enough, and they won't talk about it as much as ESPN1500 who carrie the Twins, but I think you'll get quite a bit of baseball talk on KFAN.

That's great, John! It's nice to see your hard word rewarded with a wider audience.

Hope you guys are finally making some coin

Great! Congrats! Just hope the "Bigs" don't compromise the spontaneity of the weekly podcasts - I have become addicted! (Well, maybe addicted is a bit strong.)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Congratulations. Glad it isn't stuck on the morning show.
    Lighten up Francis....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    During the season, I think you'll hear quite a bit of Twins talk. PA does a LOT on the Twins, especially during that 11AM FSN hour. Common also talks about them quite a bit, especially with Rosen. Barreiro has Coomer and LaVelle on regularly. I'll grant you: it's never enough, and they won't talk about it as much as ESPN1500 who carrie the Twins, but I think you'll get quite a bit of baseball talk on KFAN.
    I should clarify that my real point was that KFAN didn't have the kind analysis that you and Gleeman offer. I understand they are the Vikings network and are consequently going to talk about them all year 'round, and they do talk Twins to an extent, but your show will be a good addition for them. I moved out of state last fall and still podcast Barreiro and Common regularly. When you only get Fox Sports and ESPN national radio, you quickly start to miss local sports talk which is another reason the Gleeman and the Geek podcast was valuable for me. Congrats on the new gig.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How will this effect the weekly ITunes Gleeman and the Geek Podcast?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    KFAN will put out much more object analysis then 1500. Unlike Phil Mackey and others, they will probably not take shots at their listeners for being dumb and misinformed.