Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Q&A with Antoan Richardson

Article: Q&A with Antoan Richardson

His numbers are so amazing that despite bein a 29 year old retread, I cannot see how this team cannot give him some kind of a shot...esp with the leadoff problems they've had. This is an incredibly slow, base to base type team & they could severely use a infusuion of speed. Just dont know anything about his defense.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Great interview, I hope he gets another shot.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
    I like Antoan a lot and he looks perfect for the leadoff role. The problem is the outfield is full and he is not on the 40 man roster so who do we get rid of to play him? I think he will probably have to wait until spring training next year before he gets his shot. Sounds like a very intelligent young man with a great attitude. If he keeps playing at his current level he will make it to the bigs.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    I like Antoan a lot and he looks perfect for the leadoff role. The problem is the outfield is full and he is not on the 40 man roster so who do we get rid of to play him? I think he will probably have to wait until spring training next year before he gets his shot. Sounds like a very intelligent young man with a great attitude. If he keeps playing at his current level he will make it to the bigs.
    He is not young anymore.

DFA Hendricks to add Onto an to 40 man
    Call him up for the 13th P or Parm or Escobar
    Start him in LF w/ Willy DHing & Arcia to RF
    After Hicks returns, they can semi platoon as Richardson's #s vs rhp are amazing

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw him play once this season for Rochester. He was the LF (Benson was at CF) in the near no-hitter game that Gibson had. The non-hitter broke by a very catchable ball at LF that he did not make an extra effort to catch. Just sayin'...

At this point he is probably 4th or 5th in the CF depth list behind Hicks, Thomas, Mastroianni (remember him?) and Parmelee. Thomas killed the ball in AAA and I bet Mastroianni would steal those many bases if he was playing in AAA and healthy.

Organizational Depth.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 377 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    I saw him play once this season for Rochester. He was the LF (Benson was at CF) in the near no-hitter game that Gibson had. The non-hitter broke by a very catchable ball at LF that he did not make an extra effort to catch. Just sayin'..
    I've talked to several people involved who said he started in the LCF gap and it was a tailing liner to the corner that there's no way he could have caught.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 161 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Suddenly this org has all kinds of CF filler