Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/18): Koch, Vargas Lead Miracle

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sano needs a little time

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sano is going all Aaron Hicks on us. Hope he gets it figured out. Actually its probably good in the long run he struggles.
    Every player needs to go through it.

Seth I read somewhere that Meyer is coming back in "Mid July" This makes it sound like the team is concerned about the shoulder even though the MRI came up clean.
    Is "mid july" right? Is he experiencing soreness still? Any news on this?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Does anybody have any information on Alexis Tapia in the DSL. I've noticed that he's been putting up some very nice performances. Obviously, its a very very small sample size but in 10 IP he's got 11 K's and 1 BB with a 1.80 ERA and 0.70 WHIP. I also saw that he's only 17 and is listed at 6'2" and 195 lbs which seems like a pretty nice frame for a 17 year old pitcher. Sorry, I've got prospect fever and I'm just trying to find more arms in the Twins system to hope on. Has anybody heard anything about this kid?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Herrmann took his good play while up with the Twins back to Rochester. Seems like he's been listed in the hitting notes for every game since going back down.

That Richardson stolen base came on an odd play. My MiLB app said he stole third, but he was thrown out trying to score on the same play.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitz View Post
    Does anybody have any information on Alexis Tapia in the DSL. I've noticed that he's been putting up some very nice performances. Obviously, its a very very small sample size but in 10 IP he's got 11 K's and 1 BB with a 1.80 ERA and 0.70 WHIP. I also saw that he's only 17 and is listed at 6'2" and 195 lbs which seems like a pretty nice frame for a 17 year old pitcher. Sorry, I've got prospect fever and I'm just trying to find more arms in the Twins system to hope on. Has anybody heard anything about this kid?
    I don't dive into the DSL too much. The only thing I look at there is age. I enjoy watching the BB/K rate as well. So, Tapia has those two things going for him. He's the kind of guy who gets to the GCL as an 18 year old. The numbers, as you say in a small sample size, are nice... but the numbers mean very little when they're 7 levels from the big leagues.

I like to see names like that, put them in my back pocket, get a little excited, and see how things go next year.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Sano's only got a few games under his belt at this point. A .067 batting average can be a .367 batting average with only a couple of good days. Besides, if they're going to walk him that much, I say keep taking pitches and getting on base. It'll likely make him a more selective, and better, hitter in the future.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great article as usual and a great night for the entire system. I would love to see Albers get a chance with the Twins this year (as well as Gibson).