Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Those Damn Yankees: A Twins Fan's Shocking Confession

Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Twins/Yankees rivalry? Don't both teams have to consider it a rivalry for it to be a rivalry? In all four major sports, us Minnesotan's invent our rivalries, problem is no other teams consider us their main rivals. We thought we had a rivalry with the Canucks. That was news to them! Green Bay far and away considers the Bears their main rival, not the Vikings. Face it Minnesota fans. We're irrelevant.

Liked 3,028 Times in 1,291 Posts
    I agree...I like the uniforms.

Senior Member Double-A chuchadoro's Avatar
    Liked 28 Times in 17 Posts
    Don't hate the Yankees, just hate your d bag friend who is a Yankees, Patriots, Penguins, Heat and Manchester United "fan".

Liked 1,209 Times in 702 Posts
    The Yankees have gotten harder to hate in recent years. In part because the Twins have been so bad its hard for me to work up much distaste for any other teams. In part because the Yankees just haven't been as dominant.

But I still don't like them very much and, while I admire their history, they are still the "poster boys" of the impact of the financial disparity in baseball.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    The Yankees have gotten harder to hate in recent years. In part because the Twins have been so bad its hard for me to work up much distaste for any other teams. In part because the Yankees just haven't been as dominant.
    Didn't the Yankees have the best record in the AL just last year? And in 2011? Pretty dominate when you consider both those years there were three teams in that division that had at least 90 wins.

To continue, didn't they win 95 games for 2nd best record in 2010? And the year before that they were WS champs?

95 or more wins in the last 4 seasons in not too arguably the strongest division in baseball. That's pretty dominate
    Last edited by ThePuck; 06-19-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Baseball is supposed to be fun. The Yankees are the exact opposite of that. They are proud to have the most entitled, annoying fanbase in the world of sports. They generally seem to employ the highest concentration of cheaters in the sport. They purchase title after title by adding everyone else's best (though aging) players to their own, legitimate core of talent.

Their market affords them the ability to operate beyond the restrictions that limit all other teams to varying extents. They are the essence of unfairness. The case and point example of everything wrong with baseball.

...and to your point about their businesslike approach, don't we all have enough "business" in our work lives? We don't need need anyone pouring "business" all over our baseball...

I do hate the Yankees, as anyone who respects the sport of baseball should.

The Yankees appeal to the most self-important, ostentatious and petulant members of our society. Their outspoken entitlement infects and degrades sports fans throughout this nation, and maybe, the world. Worse yet, they wear these filthy traits as a badge of honor.
    Brad, I believe, if you look deep in your heart, you'll find there's too much purity in there to truly embrace the Yankees and their defilement of a beautiful sport.

As a conscientious father, I am living up to my duty to train my children that the Yankees are the Darth Vader of the baseball world. They constitute a lawless and powerful villain whose purpose is simple- Harm the protagonist until it is time to get slain.
    I hope to live long enough to see this villain slain.
    ...and I certainly don't want anyone I love to grow up thinking David Wells, Roger Clemens or Alex Rodriguez are legitimate representatives of our species.
    ...or CC
    ...or George Steinbrenner
    ...or Pettite
    ...or Reggie

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRiveter View Post
    Baseball is supposed to be fun. The Yankees are the exact opposite of that. They are proud to have the most entitled, annoying fanbase in the world of sports. They generally seem to employ the highest concentration of cheaters in the sport. They purchase title after title by adding everyone else's best (though aging) players to their own, legitimate core of talent.

Their market affords them the ability to operate beyond the restrictions that limit all other teams to varying extents. They are the essence of unfairness. The case and point example of everything wrong with baseball.

...and to your point about their businesslike approach, don't we all have enough "business" in our work lives? We don't need need anyone pouring "business" all over our baseball...

The Yankees appeal to the most self-important, ostentatious and petulant members of our society. Their outspoken entitlement infects and degrades sports fans throughout this nation, and maybe, the world. Worse yet, they wear these filthy traits as a badge of honor.
    Brad, I believe, if you look deep in your heart, you'll find there's too much purity in there to truly embrace the Yankees and their defilement of a beautiful sport.

As a conscientious father, I am living up to my duty to train my children that the Yankees are the Darth Vader of the baseball world. They constitute a lawless and powerful villain whose purpose is simple- Harm the protagonist until it is time to get slain.
    ...and I certainly don't want anyone I love to grow up thinking David Wells, Roger Clemens or Alex Rodriguez are legitimate representatives of our species.
    ...or CC
    ...or Pettite
    ...or Reggie
    Wow...

Yeah, I go nuts on that topic.
    On the bright side, I've got a smile on my face the whole time.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRiveter View Post

...or CC
    ...or Pettite
    ...or Reggie
    PopRiveter, I am your father.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

i let my hatred define me so if i stopped hating the yankees i'd be left with an identity crisis.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    The Yankees suck

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhobbs View Post
    The Yankees suck
    Beware troyhobbs... My comment was more polite than that and it was deleted.