Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Thoughts And Players to Watch

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    My thoughts on justin is , bring up Colabello, and see if he can fill the spot, if not your better off offering justin a 2 year 15 million dollar deal,with maybe a 3rd year opption around 10 million

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Why would you want Morneau around in 3 years, when he's even older? I don't get it. It is time to move on.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Why would you want Morneau around in 3 years, when he's even older? I don't get it. It is time to move on.
    35 years old is not over the hill, especially at 1st base (Morneau is 32, as of 5/15. He's a productive hitter, a leader in the clubhouse, and quite simply, one of the finest fielding first basemen in the league. Do you think it would be easy to replace the defensive numbers below, while finding a guy who can post a .280 career batting average, with power? The anchor of a good infield is first base. These numbers speak for themselves:

2013: 1st in putouts; 5th in assists; 2nd in double plays turned as a 1b; 2nd in total zone runs (AL, 5th in MLB); 2nd in Range Factor; 1st in Fielding Percentage as a 1b. For more info, see below:
    Justin Morneau Batting Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12