Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/14-15): Friday and Saturday Scoreboard

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/14-15): Friday and Saturday Scoreboard

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I bet AA pitchers are throwing nothing but off-plate junk to Miguel Sano, figuring the new kid will be swinging for the fences every at bat.

Take the walks, kid. Sooner or later they'll have to pitch to you.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks like they tried to pitch around Sano and Pinto (5 walks combined) to get to Nate Hanson. Mistake . . . .

Good for Stuifbergen. Great to see him with that many strikeouts.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw Sano had like 3 walks yesterday and now today he went 0-3 with 2 more walks, I dont know if thye just arent giving him anything to hit but hes batting .091 with 3 sac fly RBIs. His struggles are probably a combination of him making the hardest jump in the minors and the pitchers arent giving him anything to hit because they know what he will do.

Buxton has been pretty solid the last few games including today where he went 2-5 with and RBI.

Gibson is starting to worry me though, he keeps getting our hopes up with a good start or 2 in a row then right when we think hes ready he has another rough outing. I know 3ER in 6IP isnt horrible but if hes ready for the majors he should be lights out in AAA or atleast close to it. Maybe hes just not gonna be as good as we thought he was gonna be?

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    I bet AA pitchers are throwing nothing but off-plate junk to Miguel Sano, figuring the new kid will be swinging for the fences every at bat.

Take the walks, kid. Sooner or later they'll have to pitch to you.
    Idk man I have seen multiple articles saying Sano is a true 80 Power guy and some have even said he has the most power they have ever seen and now hes hitting for a high average, so maybe until they get another really good batter behind him nobody will pitch to him? Even then he will still get walked a ton.