Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Activate Trevor Plouffe, Demote Chris Herrmann

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Minnesota Twins Activate Trevor Plouffe, Demote Chris Herrmann

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 809 Times in 516 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It wasn't clear who the CF backup was with Hermann on the roster. Nothing has changed in that respect. In Hermann's enitre career, he has played only 11 games in CF, all in 2010 at Ft Myers.

This promotion makes it clear that TR is firmly in control of the roster decisions. If Gardy had more rope he never would have sent down his 3rd catcher security blanket. It appears the Twins will go an outfielder short until either the 13th pitcher is sent down or Hicks/Ramirez are reinstated.
    Last edited by jokin; 06-15-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Would absolutely LOVE to see Clete go down for a few days (not enough to DL but 2-3 days) & see what they would do & how chaotic it would become in the OF.
    Bet you now see Parm back in OF with Doumit on bench to protect the C spot. Cannot take Arcia out of lineup as he's the only potent bat.
    Very poorly constructed team (40 man roster also)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Can Poffy save the Twins?

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Butera played Friday in Rochester. Will Hermann be the #1 Red Wings catcher ?

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    If this is truely the year to find out who real , why not bring up a few more guys and give a couple of prospects more time to season in rochester?
    With the fantastic 4 struggling to stay above the mendoza line , why not bring up Beresford,Romero and Santana? Being as how we need a real leadoff hitter maybe bring up Richardson wouldnt hurt.... Whats the worst that could happen? we find out a couple of these guys are ready , or at least better then what we had

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The good news is Ramirez has resumed baseball activities so he might not be far away from being ready to go.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 277 Times in 144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Bet you now see Parm back in OF with Doumit on bench to protect the C spot.
    Why do you think this? If Doumit is playing in right, he can still protect the C spot because he's in the game, and can move to catcher if needed.

Not that playing Doumit instead of Parmelee every day makes any sense to me either. Tough to find ABs for them, Arcia, and Willingham.

Liked 3,012 Times in 1,280 Posts
    "The good news is Ramirez ...might not be far away...".

I shudder to think what the bad news might be.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegrin View Post
    Butera played Friday in Rochester. Will Hermann be the #1 Red Wings catcher ?
    Rochester doesn't have an obvious 3rd outfielder, so I would guess that Herrmann gets a lot of time in the outfield when Butera is behind the plate.

Does this mean Jamey Carroll isn't going to be in the lineup everyday? Please God, say yes.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I don't think we'll be hurting for OF, we've got Willingham, Doumit, Arcia, Parmelee, and Thomas, and if we really needed it Plouffe and Escobar can cover OF as well.

My guess is Escobar becomes the backup CF for now, which is much easier to do with Plouffe taking back 3B.

They said on the radio that Hermann was taking grounders everyday @ 3B the past week in case of a problem.
    Would love for him to get a little bit of time there to see if he could handle it athletically. He was a collegiate 3B. Every bit of versatility he can add to his bag, the better his MLB value.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Bet you now see Parm back in OF with Doumit on bench to protect the C spot.
    Nope. Unless someone is on DH, he can move into C, if necessary. (Even at DH he can move, but you lose the DH spot.) So no reason not to play Doumit at OF (as far as his availability to fill in at C goes... his glove there is a different story)
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 486 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Plouffe getting reinstated today from the DL is a good omen - it his birthday today.

I am thinking Trevor hits a couple jacks tonight - one for his birthday, and one for mine.

¡Hágalos pagar al Sr. Plouffe!
    "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'."
    Henry Jones, Sr.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,192 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Plouffe getting reinstated today from the DL is a good omen - it his birthday today.

I am thinking Trevor hits a couple jacks tonight - one for his birthday, and one for mine.

¡Hágalos pagar al Sr. Plouffe!
    The Twins had a day off on my birthday so it's OK with me if he hits a third homer tonight and makes that one be for me.

Appropriate felicitations to you on the occasion of the celebratory anniversary of your nativity.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,192 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess you know by now that Plouffe got #1 in the 4th.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    The Twins had a day off on my birthday so it's OK with me if he hits a third homer tonight and makes that one be for me.

Appropriate felicitations to you on the occasion of the celebratory anniversary of your nativity.
    Thanks John, and I wish you a belated joyous anniversary of your entrance into this dimension of which we all exist... I think? My belated birthday wishes still stand in case I am wrong.
    "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'."
    Henry Jones, Sr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    I guess you know by now that Plouffe got #1 in the 4th.
    Just found out. I missed the game as I had a Wedding Reception to attend. 1 homerun... how insulting. As far as I am concerned he owes us. And I demand that we be payed in full by the end of tomorrow.
    Henry Jones, Sr.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 107 Times in 62 Posts
    Yaay - maybe the Twins will have another surplus: CF, now 3b. Keep her going Trevor.