Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twin Terrors in the Twins System

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 486 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Two outstanding talents, no question. The Twins look like they will have very good talent very soon at most positions. I hope some of the pitching prospects can develop!

here is a big question buxton and sano are the two best prospects in the system, who is the most overlooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziedavisfan View Post
    here is a big question buxton and sano are the two best prospects in the system, who is the most overlooked?
    Rosario or Berrios

Pretty sure Sano and Buxton will be in the futures game this year but will anyone else from the Twins? Meyer and Rosario possibly?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziedavisfan View Post
    Maybe Arcia, who I rank third... I don't think that Alex Meyer, Kyle Gibson, JO Berrios and Eddie Rosario are overlooked. I rank Kennys Vargas higher than every, so I think he is overlooked. My other two top ten are Jorge Polanco and Travis Harrison.

But the guy that I have overlooked for far too long is Josmil (Hose-meal) Pinto, who continues to rake and play solid enough defense.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    I think Rosario gets overlooked since others have considered his numbers to be good/very good. He has awesome numbers for someone his age playing in the FSL that has a good chance to stay at 2B.

Kepler has recently been overlooked based on him being injured and not playing while so many have had great 1st halves.

I really think Buxton has a shot at getting to the show as fast now as Sano. Can you imagine all three of Buxton, Sano, and Rosario getting the call on June 20, 2014 (arbitrary date that should delay the financials)?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Someone else posted somewhere, I couldn't find it, that the twins will space Sano & Buxton to avoid them arriving at free agency at the same time.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Maybe Arcia, who I rank third... I don't think that Alex Meyer, Kyle Gibson, JO Berrios and Eddie Rosario are overlooked. I rank Kennys Vargas higher than every, so I think he is overlooked. My other two top ten are Jorge Polanco and Travis Harrison.

But the guy that I have overlooked for far too long is Josmil (Hose-meal) Pinto, who continues to rake and play solid enough defense.
    Are the Twins themselves overlooking Pinto? The guy is an Eastern League top player, hitting for both average and power. And....There's not exactly a lot of blockage at AAA.

Over the last few years the FO has never been real comfortable with long-term relationships with Latin catchers. Are their language and cultural barriers that give the Twins pause on Pinto?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 486 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Judging by age. numbers and players in front of him, one would think that the Twins would definitely promote Pinto at the minor league All-Star break. He has to be an EL All-Star, although I've heard no word about that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 90 Times in 41 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I think almost the entire Kernels roster outside of Buxton gets overlooked to some degree. If there's a silver lining for local fans in Cedar Rapids in Buxton getting promoted soon, it might be that some of the other guys will start to get more opportunities to get a little more well-deserved attention.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncgo4 View Post
    Someone else posted somewhere, I couldn't find it, that the twins will space Sano & Buxton to avoid them arriving at free agency at the same time.
    I don't think so. I think Ryan has been very clear that we worry about that way more than he does. I think they'll both be up when Ryan thinks they are ready, money being no real factor. I take Ryan at his word on this.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I don't think so. I think Ryan has been very clear that we worry about that way more than he does. I think they'll both be up when Ryan thinks they are ready, money being no real factor. I take Ryan at his word on this.
    I totally agree with Mike. If these two guys perform at expected levels once they're in the show, the Twins are going to try to lock them up long term way before they have to worry about arbitration clocks and free agency. They'll both get Mauer-like contracts and whether those contracts start the same year or are staggered by one year hardly matters over the long haul. Let's just hope the Twins have a little more team-friendly local broadcast rights deal by then.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good article, summing up the situation. After this season, we are looking at 2 top 5-6 prospects in all of baseball.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Judging by age. numbers and players in front of him, one would think that the Twins would definitely promote Pinto at the minor league All-Star break. He has to be an EL All-Star, although I've heard no word about that.
    I don't think it's a big deal that Pinto stays in AA since AA and AAA are not that far apart. The biggest problem with promoting Pinto (and Koch) is that it further wipes out the lower minors catching depth. If Turner can make the jump to at least low A once he signs it would help.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 163 Times in 94 Posts
    RE: SD Buhr (team friendly broadcast rights)

What is the current broadcast rights situation?

Obviously I know it's FSN, but what's contract duration? Are we actually in the lower tier of the league or do we just assume that?

I wonder what effect Fox Sports One (coming in August) will have on negociated contracts moving forward.

This probably deserves it's own thread... or heck, even an article written by one of the talented writers here at TD.

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what the Twins' TV broadcast rights deal with FSN is. For whatever reason, it seems like there's been almost nothing written about the actual terms. Maybe it's because the local media writers don't ask or maybe it's that the Twins aren't forthcoming with information when they do get asked. In the absence of information to the contrary, I guess many of us just assume that the Twins are sharing in the broadcast rights bonanza that the largest market teams are reportedly getting in their newest deals.I do think that people generally underestimate the Twins media market size. Conventional wisdom seems to be that the Twins are a "small market" team, when in fact the MSP market is at least "middle market."You're right, tho, this probably warrants its own thread at some point.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Oddly enough I'm going to with angel Moreles just based on the fact that , A he's been injured B the twins seem to have a surplus of outfielders. C. he seems to have been in the twins organization forever. i think that he just get's overlooked for that fact. seth the other guys you mention we seem to talk about allot. but it is True if you aren't in the first five to ten prospects or drafted in the first five rounds you tend to get overlooked, don't know if that is right or wrong though.

Eddie Rosario is definitely the most overlooked prospect, relative to his value. While his numbers might be slightly skewed by the fact that he's still in High-A ball and will be 22 in September, a left-handed 2B who hits for power and average?! Middle infield prospects are rare, and even some of the good ones pan out, but while other teams are bringing up Jason Kipnis (pretty good) and Dustin Ackley (struggled, sent down), Rosario is the only guy of his kind in the organization for some time.

Sano and Buxton go to show how just a few elite prospects can change the whole perception of the farm system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast