Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 120

Thread: Monday Game Thread: Cedar Rapids Kernels on FSN!

  1. #41
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    why even put him in a suit? What is the point, other than "people on tv wear suits"? Suits are a stupid waste of money.

    Oh, wish I could listen.....give us details, pls.
    Suit and Tom Kelly don't go to together... Roy and Anthony wear there's pretty good but Tom just doesn't.

    Suit aside... Tom just spent a decent chunk of time talking about throw away at bats... Saying that out of 600... Baseball players will throw away 100 of them by not having descipline or a game plan stepping into the box. By managing how many throw away at bats you have... It can be the difference between hitting .240 and .300.

    (Personal Note) Throwaway at bats at the MLB level leads to 52 Runners left on base in the past 5 Games and 1-4 record during those games.

    Tom Talked about Byron Buxton moving to Ft. Myers... Explaining that there are many things that go into it... Even saying that Cedar Rapids being a new affiliate for the organization and trying to make the playoffs is a consideration. It's not THEE consideration but something to factor in.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  2. #42
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,616
    Like
    3
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Dan Barreiro was mocking the Twins on KFAN for hyping Buxton like this while the big league club stuggles. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, because I just wanted to see some Twins affiliated minor league baseball, but it sounds like they are making this a Buxton hype-fest. Which does seem a little weird, definitely jumping the gun, I'd say.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    A little less salesmanship and more play by play would really be nice. Course, the 10% watching that don't read Twins Daily may be getting informed somewhat. What a lousy way to show a game.

  4. #44
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,726
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Dan Barreiro was mocking the Twins on KFAN for hyping Buxton like this while the big league club stuggles. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, because I just wanted to see some Twins affiliated minor league baseball, but it sounds like they are making this a Buxton hype-fest. Which does seem a little weird, definitely jumping the gun, I'd say.
    The hype is fully justified, and it certainly isn't just coming from within the Twins organization. Buxton is on the verge of being named the #1 prospect in all of baseball.

    That being said, with all the air time to fill, it's surprising they didn't have more individual video pieces on the other legitimate major league prospects on the roster.

  5. #45
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    A little less salesmanship and more play by play would really be nice. Course, the 10% watching that don't read Twins Daily may be getting informed somewhat. What a lousy way to show a game.
    Honestly Halsey... I have to go back to work in a bit... But... I will be watching the entire replay tonight at 7PM... may even record it while watching it... So I can soak in every word TK is saying and watch the game on a side screen as it happens so I can eyeball Buxton and others.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  6. #46
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,989
    Like
    4
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    I find the complaining (other than that graphic of stars or whatever at the top) to be a bit ridiculous. You get to see Byron Buxton on television and hear a good conversation involving Smalley and Kelly about the minor league system. What do you want? Some play-by-play guys for a low-A team?

    Anyway, I am glad that they are playing Kane County since I have FSMW here in Indiana and maybe needed a Cub affiliate to get televised. Not sure.

  7. #47
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,989
    Like
    4
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Hell yeah!

  8. #48
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Buxton... On cue... Just cleared the bases with a deep double to left center... A little justification for the hype right there.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  9. #49
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,726
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I find the complaining (other than that graphic of stars or whatever at the top) to be a bit ridiculous. You get to see Byron Buxton on television and hear a good conversation involving Smalley and Kelly about the minor league system. What do you want? Some play-by-play guys for a low-A team?

    Anyway, I am glad that they are playing Kane County since I have FSMW here in Indiana and maybe needed a Cub affiliate to get televised. Not sure.
    Of course not. But there is no need for incomplete split screen when folks are trying to evaluate the players and the lack of real-time context from the FSN studios. TK certainly can comment without viewers having to constantly look at the FSN suited trio.

  10. #50
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,989
    Like
    4
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    J.D. advances Buxton and Polanco delivers.

    Would people prefer play-by-play to TK nitpicking Buxton's base running?

  11. #51
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,989
    Like
    4
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Of course not. But there is no need for incomplete split screen when folks are trying to evaluate the players and the lack of real-time context from the FSN studios. TK certainly can comment without viewers having to constantly look at the FSN suited trio.
    Ok, well it does seem like they go full screen some of the time. But they weren't going to have a t.v. show without those guys on screen.

  12. #52
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,311
    Like
    1,299
    Liked 1,274 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I find the complaining (other than that graphic of stars or whatever at the top) to be a bit ridiculous. You get to see Byron Buxton on television and hear a good conversation involving Smalley and Kelly about the minor league system. What do you want? Some play-by-play guys for a low-A team?

    Anyway, I am glad that they are playing Kane County since I have FSMW here in Indiana and maybe needed a Cub affiliate to get televised. Not sure.

    The problem is that it is REALLY annoying. I, for one, and I think most viewers would like to be able to see what it happening.

    They have made the focus of the telecast the talking heads INSTEAD of the game. It is actually a travesty for any of us who really wanted to see these guys play.

    It helps when I mute the sound because at least I can concentrate on the picture instead of all the distracting yammering but the Twins should be ashamed of themselves for coming up with this mess.

    I appreciate being able to see some of the plays but that is part of the problem, we are only seeing some of the plays.

    So, yes, I am going to complain.

  13. #53
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,750
    Like
    4,821
    Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    J.D. advances Buxton and Polanco delivers.

    Would people prefer play-by-play to TK nitpicking Buxton's base running?
    Not Me... It's pure Gold...

    If they did this every day... I would watch every day. Let's do some Rochester, New Britain and Ft. Myers as well.

    Completely love it.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  14. #54
    Another deep fly that Buck made look easy. He looks like a young Torii Hunter out there.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    J.D. advances Buxton and Polanco delivers.

    Would people prefer play-by-play to TK nitpicking Buxton's base running?
    If FSN is using KMRY's radio feed, you should want to hear at least a little of that. Great info typically.

  16. #56
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,726
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Not Me... It's pure Gold...

    If they did this every day... I would watch every day. Let's do some Rochester, New Britain and Ft. Myers as well.

    Completely love it.
    I challenge you to sponsor a poll asking if fans prefer:

    1)an incomplete double-bordered split screen/talking head trio/floating starscape

    or

    2)a full screen view of the game with knowledgeable, but invisible commentary
    Last edited by jokin; 06-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.

  17. #57
    Vine of Buxton's nice swing on the bases clearing double.
    https://vine.co/v/blzumQVYjA1

  18. #58
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    197
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    How about some love for my adopt-a-prospect Mason Melotakis?

  19. #59
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    They couldn't have picked a better game to showcase Buxton. He's putting on quite a show.

  20. #60
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    197
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    They couldn't have picked a better game to showcase Buxton. He's putting on quite a show.
    I believe he's been outstanding in a lot of games.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.