Thread: Anyone follow Gopher baseball?

Anyone follow Gopher baseball?

Swept the Skunkbears this weekend to open up conference play 3-0. I haven't been able to get to any games this year, and we didn't renew our dugout club membership this year because the kids are playing to many sports. Does anyone else on the board follow the team?

Liked 203 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We don't, but I would love it if someone wanted to write up a bunch of blog entries over the next couple of months of the Gophers season. Would be good to know how the team is doing. How are some of the players doing? The Twins also draft Gophers most years.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Where are the Gophers playing ball these days? In the Dome?
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

It would be cool to have an easy to follow Gophers baseball set-up.

I'm by no means an insider, but maybe I'll write a few posts on them for the heck of it. As I said, I haven't even been to a game this year yet.

The Gophers do play at the Dome again this year, there is one game later this year at Target Field.

For those who do not know, games are $8 I think still, and you can literally sit two or three rows behind home plate if you want.

BTW, I love this site already. I especially love all the minor league info. Great job guys!

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think I might turn to doing some Big 10 baseball blog entries on a weekly basis. I have split loyalties with the Gophers (true home state) and Purdue (graduate school alma mater), but that is probably a good thing. The eye would be towards Twins draft prospects, mostly. I generally access game stats for Big 10 baseball most night of the week for one of my jobs, so I can be a part of the vigil . . .

Blog Entries
    I will have a blog post every Monday with a Big 10 roundup focusing on the Gophers, the 2012 Big 10 champion Boilermakers, and discussion, most importantly, of potential draft possibilities for the Twins. I currently see around 20 guys that might be worthy of taking a look at for professional baseball.

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I can't say I'm a huge fan but I've been to a few games at Siebert Field and the Dome. I will definitely go to more games once they get their new stadium as I remember the last time I was at Siebert Field I almost felt like it was unsafe because it seemed run down. And I'm sorry but I have just spent too much of my life watching baseball in the Metrodome to catch many games there.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I can't say I'm a huge fan but I've been to a few games at Siebert Field and the Dome. I will definitely go to more games once they get their new stadium
    Are you saying that the School is getting yet another free Stadium while the politicians don't care to keep the Pro team in town?
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Are you saying that the School is getting yet another free Stadium while the politicians don't care to keep the Pro team in town?
    Last I heard, Anderson had about 8 million raised. Thrylos, they are not asking for public money its all fund raising.

Wet the game today against Northwestern. Gophers finished off the sweep with a 6-0 win to improve to 6-3 in the Big Ten.

Blog Entries
    I will have another Big Ten Roundup blog done Tuesday morning.

Blog Entries
    I will do another Big Ten roundup soon this week. Have had teething (molars) baby the past 3 nights . . .