Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Cedar Rapids game to be televised on FSN Monday

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts

Cedar Rapids game to be televised on FSN Monday

Monday at 1 Central (noon mountain for us out west) Fox Sports North will be televising Byron Buxton in Cedar Rapids against Kane County. A new "Spotlight" will also be shown before the game including stories about Sano and Buxton. Get your DVR's ready. I checked and it will be replayed at like 6 on FSN.

Forget youtube, we finally get to see Buxton Live, I am excited.

A Single-A baseball team on TV in a major market? This has to be extremely rare. Goes to show the exposure the Kernels will/have already received. Also there popularity. Certainly, there is interest in all of the Twins minor league affiliates, not just the Kernels, so this is a great opportunity for programming expansion for FSN as well.

Who will be on the call?

Any idea who the scheduled pitcher is for the Kernels on Monday? It would be great if it was Berrios!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Not Berrios. He just pitched last night and got roughed up for 6 earned runs.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As things stand at the moment, Mason Melotakis is the scheduled starting pitcher for CR vs Pierce Johnson for Kane County.

Might want to double check the broadcast time, though. Game time, from what I've seen, is still scheduled for 12:05 pm CT on Monday.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~