3. Conner Jones
    4. Andrew Mitchell
    5. Wil Crowe
    6. Boldt
    7. Bentz
    8. Williams
    9. Cord Sandberg
    10. Driver

I predicted Andrew Mitchell at #78 before the draft and I'm sticking to it. While I prefer Denney/Boldt, Mitchell fits with what they Twins did last year.
    Last edited by cmb0252; 06-07-2013 at 12:52 AM.

i would imagine some team will take Denney before the Twins ,but i'm hoping for him. Boldt would also be great.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Good info. I just looked up Mitchell. Looks like a good get.
    Last edited by howieramone; 06-07-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't Denney considered as a possible top-15 pick?
    I know nothing about these players, but having Boldt and Denney in the board with only three teams picking ahead of them...I'm guessing at least one of them will be there for the Twins taking.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 752 Times in 467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I kind of hope they make a play for Serrano. I suppose if he's unsignable, that won't work. Their second round pick is a college guy, so I'm not sure what leverage he has. He may be Boras represnted, but that doesn't mean nearly as much as he's lacking the top tier talent that other Boras clients have. The Twins have about 700k that they can add to any pick. If they can get their first two to go a bit under slot, then they can still throw well over a million at him... That's my hope at least.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Their second round pick is a college guy, so I'm not sure what leverage he has. He may be Boras represnted, but that doesn't mean nearly as much as he's lacking the top tier talent that other Boras clients have.
    I think Eades is a junior, so he will have a little leverage with the fact that he can go back to college next year.

Senior Member Triple-A InfraRen's Avatar
    Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Yeah I was looking at Mitchell last night too. Would be happy with him, Boldt or Denney.
    Till I Collapse

Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Till I Collapse

Twitter
    @InfraRen
    How about Chandler Eden? On BA's best available list: RHP HS Yuba City (Calif.) HS 68 IP, 119 K's, 1.83 ERA.

Till I Collapse

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    I'd like some athletic middle infielders, and more pitching. I'd be shocked if a catcher does not come to the Twins in the next three picks. I don't see them taking tough signs here, as they will want more depth, not one or two more good guys. But that's just a guess based on 1 year of data with this new system, and 1 year is not a trend.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Baseball America had Ryan Eades ranked 38th in their final Top 50 Draft Prospects list yesterday before the draft. The Twins got him at 43. Do we really think Boras is going to given sort of break below slot?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Baseball America had Ryan Eades ranked 38th in their final Top 50 Draft Prospects list yesterday before the draft. The Twins got him at 43. Do we really think Boras is going to given sort of break below slot?
    No, he will sign for slot, which isn't a big deal anyways, its not like we will have to go over slot for Stewart anyways (in fact I think we can prob save a few bucks on him)

Serrano and Boldt are going to cost too much anyways.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    I'd like to see Bobby Wahl though he's another RHP. He has the stuff Ryan Eades does not. His K numbers dropped off this year but they were pretty strong in 2012 so the ability is probably there.

I'd also be interested in Ryon Healy, 1B/3B out of OR. Sounds like a pretty solid defender at either corner infield spot and he can hit. His power is in question though one guy at baseball prospectus who is in love with him says the power is there. Sounds like a poor man's Colin Moran to me.

Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Chat going on at BaseballProspectus right now:

Baseball Prospectus | Events | Chat with Nick Faleris on the MLB Draft
    Till I Collapse

Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Chris Crawford@CrawfordChrisV24s
    Good morning. My process grades -- pass/fail style -- are up for you to enjoy. http://bit.ly/1bbxA96 #mlbdraft

Minnesota Twins — Kohl Stewart was the best player on the board, and Ryan Eades has shown No. 2 stuff at times. Pretty easy pass.
    Till I Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by InfraRen View Post
    Chris Crawford@CrawfordChrisV24s
    Good morning. My process grades -- pass/fail style -- are up for you to enjoy. http://bit.ly/1bbxA96 #mlbdraft

Minnesota Twins — Kohl Stewart was the best player on the board, and Ryan Eades has shown No. 2 stuff at times. Pretty easy pass.
    Wow great to hear!

Twitter
    @InfraRen
    InfraRen (Minny): Are Ryan Boldt or Jon Denney signable at this point?Nick Faleris on the MLB Draft: I think both would need to be tabbed pretty early today to give teams enough base slot allotment to work with in order to reach the money likely needed to buy them out from Nebraska and Arkansas, respectively. Tough spot for teams with Boldt, since they are working almost exclusively off of reports from last year. Speaking for myself, I'd give either one first round money without too much concern, provided I had risk appropriately allocated otherwise with my other selections.
    Till I Collapse

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Does anyone know how much slot money the Twins have left, assuming both Stewart and Eades sign for slot? And how much can they go over before they hit the 5% limit?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Wow great to hear!
    #2 stuff? pfffffftttttt thats clown talent bro, anything besides a guy who throws 110 MPH with a killer change or a sure bet to hit 40 HR a year is a terrible pick IMO.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast