Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Twins 2nd Round Pick RHP Ryan Eades

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 371 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries

Minnesota Twins 2nd Round Pick RHP Ryan Eades

The Twins 2nd round pick was just made. They selected RHP Ryan Eades a right-handed pitcher from LSU-Baton Rouge.

I like the pick , But unless there is something wrong with him, I was hoping for Austin Wilson.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    Not impressed. Reminds me of Madison Boer, decent stuff, weak college strikeout numbers, not really cut out to be a starter.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    Eades is a "Twins type pitcher". Pitch to contact, low K's, past injury concerns, 90-94 fastball. After Stewart I guess they had to go with someone who is more comfortable.

Shallow draft pool....

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    I would have preferred more risk, but who knows? It is amazing the delta between the MLB draft and nfl draft, in terms of coverage and fan knowledge .
    Lighten up Francis....

Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    Eades is a "Twins type pitcher". Pitch to contact, low K's, past injury concerns, 90-94 fastball. After Stewart I guess they had to go with someone who is more comfortable.
    not true. eades doesn't miss as many bats as his stuff would indicate but he's a pretty classic power arm who has improved over the years at one of the best programs in the country. this is an upside pick.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm giving the Twins the benefit of the doubt right now. Get this guy in Cedar Rapids and lets see what happens.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vervehound View Post
    not true. eades doesn't miss as many bats as his stuff would indicate but he's a pretty classic power arm who has improved over the years at one of the best programs in the country. this is an upside pick.
    *looks at username*

*checks current forum*

*checks basement*

Did you get lost?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    *looks at username*

*checks current forum*

*checks basement*

Did you get lost?
    Verve just finds topics about young strapping young men that are young. Its like an unexplained force that makes magnets stick to the fridge.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Vervehound View Post
    I'm not seeing the upside. Lower K guys in college are usually lower K guys in the bigs. Value wise he wasn't a bad pick but he definitely wasn't an upside pick.

I don't know this guy but the pitch to contact comment is BS. The guy apparently has control issues but I see he is averaging a K per inning.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    He has never come close to averaging a K per inning.

Player era w-l app-gs cg sho sv ip h r er bb so 2b 3b hr ab b/avg wp hbp bk sfa sha
    Aaron Nola 1.82 11-0 15-15 4 2/2 0 109.0 76 28 22 17 111 8 1 4 390 .195 3 9 0 1 4
    Cody Glenn 2.41 7-2 14-14 0 0/2 0 82.0 70 28 22 16 37 10 0 1 299 .234 3 13 0 1 10
    Ryan Eades 2.81 8-1 16-16 0 0/1 0 96.0 98 33 30 30 77 9 3 3 364 .269 9 8 0 2 5

I read elsewhere that his strikeouts numbers have improved as the season progressed and his K ratio is up.

I have to think the reason they picked this guy is that they think he'll move through the system and reach the majors quickly as a middle of the rotation guy. I imagine that's what we'll see in the paper soon.

Not saying I agree with the pick, I'm not that impressed, but Correia he is not.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by boylan View Post
    I don't know this guy but the pitch to contact comment is BS. The guy apparently has control issues but I see he is averaging a K per inning.
    College stats don't project professional stats.Eades is a RHP with average stuff. Fastball doesn't have much movement. Nothing plus. He was pitching really well till February but fell off. That doesn't project as a upside guy.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    2011 Cape Cod League Pitcher of the Year. Ranked #29 on MLB.com top 100. Fastball 6/7......this is a good pick.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the pick.....some say Teddy Stankaweizc the pitcher who went a couple picks after Eades, has more upside -red sox got him.

But i like Ryan Eades..... He has a real shot to be our next Joe Mays/ Kyle Lohse/ Hendriks

type of prospect arm.
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    The Twins type in the minors isn't what it used to be . They drafted four or five power arms last year, they added Meyer and May in trades, and just drafted Kohl Stewart with the 4th overall pick.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the pick and I think Eades will be decent. Would have really liked to grab a lefty higher up though. I'm not a big fan of drafting Minnesotans, but Windle might have been a good pick there. The two shortstops Unroe and Mercado would have been solid too.
    Last edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse; 06-06-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eades doesn't strike anyone out and is at best a marginal third rounder. The next 9 guys taken are preferable options. No idea what is going on with this team. Trevor Williams, Cody Reed, Blake Taylor, and Tom Windle will be better than Eades.

Hopefully tomorrow is better. They got Stewart and that is good, but then they ruined it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast