@sethtweets
    Liked 346 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Tab Stewart with Top Pick

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 143 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Greatest risk. Greatest upside.

Given how difficult it is to find a top of the rotation upside, I can't argue with the decision. Let's hope he signs and shows enough this year that we see him in Cedar Rapids next spring.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,184 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Presumably they already have the outline of a deal worked out, and the signing will be quick - even if he stalls until the deadline he'll get some pro innings under his belt this year and we'll see what our shiny new present under the Christmas-in-June tree really looks like.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    What I like about Stewart's upside is there's a chance we could look back in 12 months and think he was the best talent in the draft. Of course there is risk and he could blow up, but with a high pick it's great to see the team shoot for the stars rather than taking a higher floor, lower ceiling safe pick.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can't complain about landing the best prep player in the country at No. 4. You gotta like an 18-year-old with an 88-MPH slider. But obviously there's tons of risk.

Keith Law says 100% chance Stewart signs.

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Pretty obvious pick. I like it. I just hope they don't have to go over-slot to sign him.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking he's the #3 pitching prospect now? Tempting to put Berrios in front too, but I've heard most have him as a #3 while Stewart is a possible #2.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 102 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I'm thinking he's the #3 pitching prospect now? Tempting to put Berrios in front too, but I've heard most have him as a #3 while Stewart is a possible #2.
    BA said he would be our #1 pitching prospect.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 346 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I sat in on the press conference. There is no question in my mind that he will sign. We'll get some great quotes posted on Twins Daily soon. But, he'll sign. And, he's got the pitches and the confidence to be really good.

Stewart, I like the pick don't get me wrong. But he worries me basically for the reason that he is a type one diabetic. I know he's been dealing with it his whole life and he plays football which is a demanding sport, however I just think that during the long baseball season he's going to wear down. That said I think he was the best player available and i'm glad the twins got him.

It was the right pick. You have to take a shot with #4. Talent like Stewart does not come around often.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    I've wanted high upside pitching for months now with this pick and I am glad they got it. Good luck Kohl!!

so who goes at 43 boldt if he's there?

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just think this potential Ace hasnt even put his full effort into baseball because he also played football, imagine what he can do when he soley focuses on baseball. This kid is gonna be great!

Now if I could just find a time machine.........2017

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't see it being Boldt. Hard to say now, depending on who falls... I'd guess another pitcher.

I'm guessing a College Pitcher (Similar to the Bard/Melatokis) types they took last arm.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 742 Times in 459 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziedavisfan View Post
    so who goes at 43 boldt if he's there?
    I'm really hoping Manaea falls there and we get him... That's probably a bit unrealistic as unless his asking price has dropped to 2M, I don't see us snagging him.

That said, I'm not sure I get the Boldt love. He's a decent prospect, but with injury concerns and this strikes me more as a homer pick. If not Manaea, Kyle Cerrano might be a good pick... I know they brought in a guy a couple weeks back I liked there too... His name is escaping me though.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cant wait

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    See you in 6 years, Kohl

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    I would be excited if they grabbed a SS like Oscar Mercado. Everything I've heard about him is his defense is outstanding and there is no question about him sticking there. With Stewart drafted SS might be our biggest hole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast