Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should be our next TV guy?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    The only choice should be Ozzie Guillen!!!
    He would so great and it would so funny listening to Dick try to figure out what the heck Ozzie is talking about.
    The only problem the Twins would not want someone with an actual opinion. They would want another yes man/suck up to the Twins.
    Ozzie would certainly make games more interesting if you can understand him.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't stand listening to TK. I really just can't stand him period.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As usual, I have the best idea so far

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I can't stand listening to TK. I really just can't stand him period.
    That's OK... I don't like the color Orange at all and my youngest Son does.

I like Rage against the Machine and I just had a conversation with someone who can't stand them because Zack De La Rocha has no sense of melody.

TK doesn't have a great voice or decent inflection... I'll give you that... but... he knows his baseball in my opinion and I like his attempts to raise the bar from a baseball intelligence standpoint and I can personally sacrifice inflection for that.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Liked 222 Times in 97 Posts
    Bring Jim Kaat back.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No one stated the best choice...Hawk Harrelson

Seriously though knowing the Twins and FSN, they will take someone like Coomer. And I would not have an issue with that.
    I bent my wookie...

Joe Nathan was really good the couple times he sat in.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Denny Hocking may be available.

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bert isn't going anywhere. 100 games a year is about right for him. In the meantime we get experience a variety of sidekicks for Dick.

Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    Bring Jim Kaat back.
    Best team ever was Ted Robinson and Jim Kaat. Doubt they'd come back, short of that Jack Morris always did a great job.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Coomer would be the best.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I would vote for Gleeman and the Geek with a full TwinsCentric crew on hand for various analyses and interviews.

And I am not kidding or blowing smoke at all.
    It would certainly be an interesting dynamic! Not sure how well it would go, but it'd be a little bit different.

I don't know who would do play-by-play...

But the 'color' analysts could each offer different things. Parker could analyze some video. I could show up every inning for a 1 minute update on what's been going on in the minor leagues that night, news and notes. Nick would do a good job of putting into words what the rest of us meant to say.

In all honestly, it bugs me that they run scores from the Northwoods League on the bottom of the screen during Twins game, but they don't show score updates from their minor league system.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that they have the Northwoods League scores on there. I think that's a good thing. Just think they should have the Twins too.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    It may take divine intervention, but we should get Harry Caray at least until we reclaim our rightful position of owners of the Central.

Liked 147 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Princess Unicorn Crazy Pants would make people beg for Blyleven to come back
    Minnesota has no shortage of crazy politicians - we could add a certain senator to list:

Liked 147 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    No one stated the best choice...Hawk Harrelson
    Auugghh. Joking around like that should get you banned. (Like I'm one to talk after my previous post.)

Nobody has mentioned the obvious choice - Nick Punto. That's one way to keep Gardy from putting him in the lineup five times a week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    It would certainly be an interesting dynamic! Not sure how well it would go, but it'd be a little bit different.

I don't know who would do play-by-play...

But the 'color' analysts could each offer different things. Parker could analyze some video. I could show up every inning for a 1 minute update on what's been going on in the minor leagues that night, news and notes. Nick would do a good job of putting into words what the rest of us meant to say.

In all honestly, it bugs me that they run scores from the Northwoods League on the bottom of the screen during Twins game, but they don't show score updates from their minor league system.
    Yeah, I am not sure who I envisioned actually in the booth. John and Aaron or maybe Nick and Aaron. Parker and you could be used for exactly as you say, good video analysis and good minor league information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Best team ever was Ted Robinson and Jim Kaat. Doubt they'd come back, short of that Jack Morris always did a great job.
    Robinson and Kaat were great. I grew up to that. And then this . . .

I said it before, but I think Roy Smalley would be a great color guy if only he could shut up for more than 7 seconds. Coomer is good too.

I think the rotating cast of color guys is a great idea. Bring in another pitcher (man having Kaat back in the booth would be awesome) and then circulate them every 2 or 3 weeks: Bert, Smalley, Coomer, TK, another guest (preferably another pitcher). Each of them has a different look at the game, and maybe it gives the viewers/listeners a strategy or an idea they have never heard before because Bert has pretty much clocked out of doing any actual analysis, and is useless when it comes to hitting and fielding ('put the barrel of the bat on the ball' weee!).

I get the feeling Dick Bremer is going to be play by play until he wants to retire. I have said this many times, I think Dick actually knows a lot of baseball, but for some reason he plays dumb when Bert is around. I dont know why. But there is a huge difference when he calls games with Coomer and Smalley.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 515 Times in 203 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Easy.

Play by Play: George Wendt

Color Analyst: John Ratzenberger

Nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast