Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins Daily Audio: Passing On The Big Three

Liked 113 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Daily Audio: Passing On The Big Three

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's only 15-20 minutes, so if you have a chance, please listen and provide us with your feedback on doing such podcasts... and also on my 'conspiracy theory.' Am I crazy!?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    It's only 15-20 minutes, so if you have a chance, please listen and provide us with your feedback on doing such podcasts... and also on my 'conspiracy theory.' Am I crazy!?
    I do not buy your conspiracy theory and, as much as I love your writing, I am pretty sure that you are crazy.

This was excellent. Concise and to a point. I think this will be a popular feature if you continue to do these. I look forward to the next one.

Criticism: could use a little more consistency on the voice volumes.

Thanks very much. I enjoyed this.

Also, I would be fine with the Twins taking Stewart over Bryant.
    They are saying it is a 3 player draft. As I posted elsewhere on TD,
    Stewart's is the arm that could make that line untrue.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    More podcasts! As a person who is barely literate, I appreciate being able to hear words.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Listened. Enjoyed. Thanks.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can promise it will be better in the future. I, for instance, have learned now how to use a microphone and won't keep my phone on speaker anymore. It was a trial, but let's hope it gets Seth out of "podcast retirement".

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if it was the shorter length because it was a test or if that's the plan going forward, but I like the idea of short one-topic podcasts like this. I tend to listen to podcasts for a few minutes at a time at the office or in the evening and this kind of thing is much easier to find time for than the 60-90 minute versions.

I do, of course, expect the tabloids to be headlining the inevitable "breakup" of the Geek from Gleeman as a result of the Geek "cheating on" Gleeman with Seth and Jeremy.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Kohl Stewart is also a hometown guy for the Astros and isn't a Boras client. I'd find him a more likely conspiracy target as he could still be the underslot player they desire.

Enjoyed the conversation. Length doesn't bother me, but as conciseness looks to be favored, I won't argue. Can't get enough draft talk!

I'm a big fan of podcasts and listen to them all the time. I tried to listen here at work and I get an error because it's firewalled. Is there any chance that if you all do this on a regular basis that you put it on iTunes like John and Aaron do with their podcast? I guarantee you I'd subscribe if you go that route. Thanks

I enjoyed the pod. Good content. I love the draft speculation. Was able to listen in on an iPhone with no problems at all. Loaded quick, too.

Now the gripes about the technical aspects. The sound was actually pretty decent except for a few aspects. The music was too loud at the beginning and ending which drowned out John's dulcet tones. When doing a podcast, I recommend never using a speakerphone. John, strangely, sounded worse than he does in the bar episodes of Gleeman and the Geek. Around the 12 minute mark there was some very audible microphone adjustments going on and the sound dimmed down. The audio in the last few minutes of the podcast was a little difficult to listen to.

Senior Member All-Star
    Also, in regard to the Pirates and Marlins having more money than the Twins, the Pirates are in that postion due to having 2 first rounders due to not signing Appel. If Gray were to refuse the Twins offer, the Twins would be in that situation next year.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,259 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For some reason the feed doesn't seem to buffer, and my DSL internet connection means that it pauses every five seconds or less. I saved the mp3 file to disk and ran it from there and then it was smooth.

I have to say that none of the microphones seemed professional, each sounding like low-end home-market equipment in its own way. Low digital sample rate?
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 06-03-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Gray falls to the Twins (highly unlikely), the Twins would be foolish not to take him.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gray, Appel, Bryant, Stewart is how it is going to go.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jeremey's mic was low quality or he was using the mic on his phone which is going to be low quality. The intro/outro music is a little too 'powerful' for what the product is. Otherwise, loved the focus, conciseness and length. Got a lot of good thoughts in a short time. Thanks for doing this.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    If Gray falls to the Twins (highly unlikely), the Twins would be foolish not to take him.
    I'd say the same about the Astros.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    It was good, but I gotta have more Cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by denarded View Post
    Jeremey's mic was low quality or he was using the mic on his phone which is going to be low quality. The intro/outro music is a little too 'powerful' for what the product is. Otherwise, loved the focus, conciseness and length. Got a lot of good thoughts in a short time. Thanks for doing this.
    Seconded. I didn't mind the music at the end, but I couldn't hear John at the beginning. I'm also pretty sure "And welcome..." is trademarked by G&G.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 325 Posts
    You need some better mics (good mics don't have to be expensive) and a compressor to keep the levels constant.

Good content, enjoyed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast