Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: LifeLock popups

  1. #1
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,574
    Like
    2,585
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28

    LifeLock popups

    Is anyone else getting unwanted popups from LifeLock, anytime their ads randomly come up on TD? Unlike earlier annoyances from ads, on this one they happen right away, so it's not even a case of my running my mouse over the ad by random luck. Really bad.

  2. #2
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,430
    Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Like
    1
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    240
    I'm glad you mentioned it. I've had it happen to me, too. I'll talk to our ad company. They're messing up.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    604
    Like
    11
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    What are pop ups? I have not seen a pop up in years since my great Firefox ad-on that takes care of that kind of deal. sorry if this sounds like a plug for firefox, at least I left out the name of the ad-on. feel free to delete this post if I crossed the advertisement deal here.
    just trying to help a Twins fan not deal with garbage.

  4. #4
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,525 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Discussing pop-up blockers is fine. Pop-up ads suck.

    Discussing ad blockers is not fine.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Posts
    545
    Like
    0
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Is anyone else getting unwanted popups from LifeLock, anytime their ads randomly come up on TD? Unlike earlier annoyances from ads, on this one they happen right away, so it's not even a case of my running my mouse over the ad by random luck. Really bad.
    Using Firefox with add ons like Adblock Plus, Addblock Plus Pop-Up Addon, Element Hiding Helper for Addblock Plus, Flashblock, NoRedirect, and Redirect Remover.

    With diligent use of all this crap, I actually see a minimum amount of advertizing crap.

  6. #6
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,525 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    Using Firefox with add ons like Adblock Plus, Addblock Plus Pop-Up Addon, Element Hiding Helper for Addblock Plus, Flashblock, NoRedirect, and Redirect Remover.

    With diligent use of all this crap, I actually see a minimum amount of advertizing crap.
    Congratulations on locking out the sole revenue stream for all the free-to-use websites you visit.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    301
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Congratulations on locking out the sole revenue stream for all the free-to-use websites you visit.
    Beat it, Narc.

  8. #8
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,525 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    Beat it, Narc.
    If you didn't have incriminating video of me with that goat, I'd totally ban you right now.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,907
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    If I paypal Twinsdaily $15 can I turn on my ad blocker? I'm not trying to be a dick, but this site has more pop ups, auto play ads and rollover ads then many other sites I see on the web.

    Actually, you guys should think about making an ad free version for $15-$20 a year to be honest. I can't imagine the ads you are serving are much more than a .40 CPM, which means $20 per user would be a profit to you guys as long as said user isn't viewing more then 75,000 page views a year.

    Just a thought, I bet you would find a good amount of people who would pay it and it would be an additional rev stream. Hell, maybe even put the podcasts or something behind a "premium" or paywall as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.