Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Magic # thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

    Magic # thread

    I gotta do it. Ever since I've been keeping track good things have been happening.

    ​115



  2. #2
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,636
    Like
    4,542
    Liked 2,152 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Keep on Keepin on.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  3. #3
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,189
    Like
    352
    Liked 733 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    I gotta do it. Ever since I've been keeping track good things have been happening.

    ​115


    I'm too lazy to figure it out. Is this to winning the central or to picking number 1 overall in 2014?

  4. #4
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,636
    Like
    4,542
    Liked 2,152 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Unless I figured it out wrong... The Twins are the 10th slot next year... As of right now.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  5. #5
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,189
    Like
    352
    Liked 733 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Honestly, after that loosing streak, I kind of wanted them to just keep doing it, as this season won't matter anyways... It would have been nice to have a top 3 pick in a very deep draft.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Honestly, after that loosing streak, I kind of wanted them to just keep doing it, as this season won't matter anyways... It would have been nice to have a top 3 pick in a very deep draft.
    ​114

  7. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    344
    Like
    5
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    Nice!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Make that ​113

  9. #9
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Twins WIN!!!

    112

  10. #10
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,489
    Like
    2,506
    Liked 3,093 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    There is a site that computes this more completely, because when you are behind (say) two teams and those two teams still have to play each other then one of those teams will win some games and you're worse off than you thought.

    RIOT -- Major League Baseball --

    By their logic, last night the magic number to make the post season is 100, and 106 to clinch the division outright.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    There is a site that computes this more completely, because when you are behind (say) two teams and those two teams still have to play each other then one of those teams will win some games and you're worse off than you thought.

    RIOT -- Major League Baseball --

    By their logic, last night the magic number to make the post season is 100, and 106 to clinch the division outright.
    We control our own destiny!!! Just win out and we're in.

  12. #12
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,489
    Like
    2,506
    Liked 3,093 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    We control our own destiny!!! Just win out and we're in.
    Yes. There is that approach, too.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Here we come

    108

  14. #14
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    And it will stay at 108. 3-2 pitches that are 6 inches outside of course are outs when you have human umpires. It took Billy Butler less then 30 seconds to go down the tunnel watch the replay and get ejected!!!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    With no Aaron Hicks and Stanley Cup hockey I'm slacking on my Twins watching, but

    ​106

  16. #16
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Were gonna win Twins

    100!!!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    236
    Like
    3
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    Were gonna win Twins

    100!!!
    Look how small the magic number is now

    ​99

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,268
    Like
    233
    Liked 276 Times in 143 Posts
    Before long, it will be lower than the temperature!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.