Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft: Pick Picks Challenge....if you dare!!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    A lot of people are picking Windle, I assume it's because he's a hometown boy?

A lot of us have been critical of the Twins drafting low ceiling pitchers in the past, me included but that seems to have changed in the last couple years, particularly in the compensation and 2nd rounds. I don't think Windle is the choice due to this recent trend. I think they would go after someone with more electric stuff even if they are less polished.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    A lot of people are picking Windle, I assume it's because he's a hometown boy?

A lot of us have been critical of the Twins drafting low ceiling pitchers in the past, me included but that seems to have changed in the last couple years, particularly in the compensation and 2nd rounds. I don't think Windle is the choice due to this recent trend. I think they would go after someone with more electric stuff even if they are less polished.
    "Safe" low floor pitchers usually fit into the back of the first round ala Wimmers, Gilmartin, Leake, or Johnson last year so getting him at #43 fits talent wise. There are about 6 other pitchers that fit this build in this draft so I'm guessing the reason people are picking Windle over the others is the MN connection. While I agree last year the Twins loaded up on higher velocity arms they love athletic pitchers, which Windle is. Add in he is LHP and I see the fit. Personally I prefer more upside.

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    I would love Serrano at #43. A personal favorite from the draft.
    Serrano looks like an absolute stud. Obviously it's tough to predict, but do we really think he'll be around at #43?
    Bring a song and a smile for the banjo,
    Better get while the gettin's good
    Catch a ride to the end of the highway
    Where the neons turn to wood

Senior Member Triple-A InfraRen's Avatar
    Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    #4 Stewart, #43 Ryan Boldt
    Till I Collapse

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by B Richard View Post
    Serrano looks like an absolute stud. Obviously it's tough to predict, but do we really think he'll be around at #43?
    He has some signabilty concerns so he could definitely fall. Questions is could the Twins find the money to sign him. As they showed last year with JO they have no problem drafting a "short" pitcher.

Senior Member All-Star
    Guessing the two MN kids I don't have the Twins taking.

Chris Anderson to the Cardinals at 28 and Windle to the Royals at 34. Guessing my personal favorite Kyle Serrano to the Astro's at 40 with an over slot deal. Bam!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 42 Times in 29 Posts
    1) Frazier
    2) Gray
    3) Bryant
    4) Appel

43) Oscar Mercado

I think the Astros are going to go way underslot just like last year. They are pretty void of OF prospects right now too. I think they'll take either Frazier or Meadows.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    1. Jonathan Gray (one can hope)
    43... Sean Manaea (sadly quite possible now, no idea if he'd sign)
    78. Brian Navaretto
    110. Carlos Salazar

With the exception of something like Gray falling or Manaea being there in round 2, I hope the Twins stock up on high upside highschoolers.
    Got one right... wrong round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12