Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Monday Minnesota Twins Madness

Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 858 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Danny Valencia is somehow back in the Majors. He has been acting as Baltimore's DH the past few games, which keeps him the court-mandated 50 feet from third base while holding a glove. Valencia is slugging over .600 and has two home runs in just five games! He, Alexi Casilla, and J.J. Hardy make up a third of the Orioles' lineup and yet they are 27-23. Baseball is wild. I look forward to watching Chris Parmelee patrol their right field area in a couple seasons. Kidding!]
    More proof of baseball wildness: Alex Burnett has been yo-yo-ing up and down between Baltimore and AAA Norfolk, while also at Norfolk, and knocking at the Oriole door, are Jason Pridie- who is a top I-League hitter and starting CF, and of course, Ol' Lou Ford, who played some key games at DH for the Birds last year and is bound to get a call-up at some point again.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One of the players on your Top Ten Brewer/Twin list should be Larry Hisle. A couple of great years with the Twins and one stellar season with the Brew Crew.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    More proof of baseball wildness: Alex Burnett has been yo-yo-ing up and down between Baltimore and AAA Norfolk, while also at Norfolk, and knocking at the Oriole door, are Jason Pridie- who is a top I-League hitter and starting CF, and of course, Ol' Lou Ford, who played some key games at DH for the Birds last year and is bound to get a call-up at some point again.
    Burnett now is with the Cubs. He's been all over the place--Toronto, Baltimore, Minnesota, and Chicago.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Blog Entries
    Burnett might be the first player to ever play for each MLB team in one year. I can't believe Jason Pridie is still around. As for Larry Hisle, I can't pretend I ever saw him play, but I'll place him at number 11 based on your word.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 858 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Burnett now is with the Cubs. He's been all over the place--Toronto, Baltimore, Minnesota, and Chicago.
    Wow, thanks for the update. I'd say there's a fighting chance that the Twins could have the chance to reclaim him before this year is over (not that they should). I wonder what the record is for "organizations played for in one season"....?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    Burnett might be the first player to ever play for each MLB team in one year. I can't believe Jason Pridie is still around. As for Larry Hisle, I can't pretend I ever saw him play, but I'll place him at number 11 based on your word.
    Check Hisle's record. He was a fine player OPS+ for the Twins of 127 in 2764 PAs and one fine season with the Brewers (OPS+ of 153). At some point, he couldn't throw any more, but he could rake.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Blog Entries
    Looks like he was a nice player. His stats remind me a bit of Shane Mack but with more power and less defense. His '77 and '78 seasons are even better than that. Unfortunately, he played his final game a few months before I was born.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Wow, thanks for the update. I'd say there's a fighting chance that the Twins could have the chance to reclaim him before this year is over (not that they should). I wonder what the record is for "organizations played for in one season"....?
    Caspar Wells and Burnett are neck and neck.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Hisle was a good defensive outfielder and a very good hitter for a few years. He had a rotator cuff problem that turned him into a DH. One of my favorite players from those hard-hitting teams. Bostock, Carew, Hisle were fun to watch.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    It's always interesting to see these marginal players who have great first games in a new setting. Valencia, Delmon Young, now Joe Benson just in the last couple of weeks. Adrenalin works, I guess. Eventually water seems to hit its natural level, though. Delmon is at .211 with his trademark defense.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Delmon hitting under .300? #@*! Who's the lousy hitting coach? Must be Vavra.