Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: A Few More Minor League releases

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries

A Few More Minor League releases

The Twins did release a few more minor leaguers in recent days, as their rosters are coming together. The Twins have released Norberto Susini, Ryde Rodriguez and Nathan Fawbush.

Susini (catcher) and Rodriguez (OF) were signed shortly before camp began. Fawbush was drafted in 2010 and is tall, lanky and throws well. He has, unfortunately, not been able to pitch much due to three injuries in two seasons.

Also on Monday, Philip Chapman (catcher), a 2011 draft pick decided to retire from baseball. He hurt his knee this offseason working on some catching drills. He tried to rehab through spring training but was told that he wouldn't be able to catch again. That is really unfortunate for a guy who debuted very well last year.

I wish all four of these guys the best!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for the update Seth. There is one kid I have a question about, Markus Solbach? He was great last year in the GCL.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    Seth, really appreciate how you continue to stay on top of the minors. thanks,
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Thanks for the update Seth. There is one kid I have a question about, Markus Solbach? He was great last year in the GCL.
    He wasn't in spring training. He will report to Ft. Myers soon. They had him report late since he pitched in Australia, and obviously he wasn't going to go to a full-season team this year.

I had Chapman in my top 50 as well. Man, I'm down 3. Too bad he had to retire like that.