Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins eager to bring Arcia back??

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Ugh

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Little pessimistic if you ask me. Revere is being labeled a bust in Philly and Span has helped the Nationals, but you still have to take chances in finding front line starters.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beckmt View Post
    Little pessimistic if you ask me. Revere is being labeled a bust in Philly and Span has helped the Nationals, but you still have to take chances in finding front line starters.
    Oh absolutely. Let me be clear, I am still all for the Meyer trade, even if it never works out. Front line starter potential is worth the risk.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    My post was about trading two starting outfielders, and getting Worley, May, and Meyer in return. Right, that does not look good. I was all for the trade in principle, but states that Ryan needs to be judged on how it turns out. This year, given Worleys performance, and the fact both minor league guys will probably not be up this year, the trade looks bad. I hope next year that reverses. Bit given their track record lately, I am not holding my breath.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    My post was about trading two starting outfielders, and getting Worley, May, and Meyer in return. Right, that does not look good. I was all for the trade in principle, but states that Ryan needs to be judged on how it turns out. This year, given Worleys performance, and the fact both minor league guys will probably not be up this year, the trade looks bad. I hope next year that reverses. Bit given their track record lately, I am not holding my breath.
    I think that is pretty well stated. I'm probably in the same boat.
    I have higher hopes for Meyer than May.
    I will still think the Span/Meyer trade was the right move even if it doesnt work out, simply because of the upside.
    But, I will be more results based on the Worley/May deal because I wasn't impressed with either of their upside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123