Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/25): Gibson's Latest Pitch

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/25): Gibson's Latest Pitch

Still think that if fridays game had been at target field gibson would have gotten the call.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Daniel Ortiz has really been good this season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone here santana play? What he like in the field? I know he has a lot of errors but I'm looking to know if anyone has seen him play.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 311 Times in 151 Posts
    111 pitches? Do they want his arm to fall off? Isn't 100 a magic number in Gardy's book?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good morning Seth, What are your thoughts on moving Morales up to AA? Keep him at F.M. another month or so to finish building his confidence or move him soon?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 145 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder about the 111 pitches also.

However, keeping him in the minors leads to much less stressful innings. Lineups like the Tigers are going to put much greater stress on an arm coming off surgery. All innings and all pitches are not equivalent.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    So he throws softer in the minors? Three of four great starts, if it is about consistency, he will be up soon......

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Good morning Seth, What are your thoughts on moving Morales up to AA? Keep him at F.M. another month or so to finish building his confidence or move him soon?
    I'd move him soon. It's time. At that time, Buxton to Ft. Myers.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Imo Morales is the type of prospect that moves up when Buxton and/or Walker are promoted. He is only 24 and he's having a nice season but this is his 4th season at Ft Myers. Maybe he has some upside but I see a Wilkin Ramirez type career in his future.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    So he throws softer in the minors? Three of four great starts, if it is about consistency, he will be up soon......
    Maybe one, possibly two, more starts. No worries. Just a matter of time.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Daniel Ortiz has really been good this season.
    Yes, he has. He's little, but he can hit. Very solid ballplayer!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Maybe one, possibly two, more starts. No worries. Just a matter of time.
    agree....that Super 2 date is getting closer/easier to avoid. These xtra starts never had anything to do with performance.
    Agree that promotion to Morales is based on Buxton's but New Brit could use a CF as they had to take 2 OFs off the street to fill the roster.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Santana and Beresford are impressive. We could be looking at them at some point next year in a Twins uniform.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    agree....that Super 2 date is getting closer/easier to avoid. These xtra starts never had anything to do with performance.
    Agree that promotion to Morales is based on Buxton's but New Brit could use a CF as they had to take 2 OFs off the street to fill the roster.
    I don't believe that Gibson's call-up is related to the Super 2 date.

I also don't believe Morales and Buxton are directly tied. Buxton's been playing himself into staying in Cedar Rapids longer. Morales should move up soon. Goncalves can certainly take CF in Ft. Myers for awhile. Or JD Williams could move up. Or Jon Murphy could play there. Or Murphy could go to Cedar Rapids and Adam Walker should move up (he will soon too).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Santana and Beresford are impressive. We could be looking at them at some point next year in a Twins uniform.
    Beresford is very underrated because he doesn't hit for any power, but he's great defensively.

Santana has all the tools, but he lacks defensive consistency. No one in the Twins system has more errors, and that includes Sano or Harrison. He also started out slowly.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    So why is Gibson not up, then?

Do you think there are five guys better than him? Do you think he is not mentally ready?
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    So why is Gibson not up, then?

Do you think there are five guys better than him? Do you think he is not mentally ready?
    Cuz he's a top prospect and they need to do the right things for his development. People think the inconsistency thing is just an excuse but the numbers say that is very true. He's now been good 3 out of 4 so he's about there.

No, I don't think there are five better than him, necessarily.

As I've said many times, the money (arbitration and especially free agency) should be an issue for the twins and all other teams. The Twins have shown time and again that those things don't factor in.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Gibson Mismanaged?

I understand that Gibson, because of injury history, will be throwing limited innings this year. If so, why in the devil are they allowing him to throw all these innings and, specifically, 114 pitches in a meaningless game for Rochester?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 133 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Cuz he's a top prospect and they need to do the right things for his development. People think the inconsistency thing is just an excuse but the numbers say that is very true. He's now been good 3 out of 4 so he's about there.

No, I don't think there are five better than him, necessarily.

As I've said many times, the money (arbitration and especially free agency) should be an issue for the twins and all other teams. The Twins have shown time and again that those things don't factor in.
    I guess, like Nick said yesterday, I don't understand why it would be so detrimental to him to let him work on his consistency in the majors?
    I would understand if he werent one of the 5 best options, then you can justify making him work on that at AAA, but in this case why not let him work on it in the MLB, so he is acclimated by the time 2014 rolls around?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast