Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 324

Thread: Article: Joe Benson claimed off waivers by Rangers

  1. #281
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,178
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    36
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaTwins View Post
    Came across this article on Benson from the Rochester writer. Why Joe Had To Go | Extra Bases | Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
    The particular writer does not follow the Twins nor cares about the Twins. He (like the town he represents) cares only about their AAA team, no matter the affiliate. He was one of the leading voices in the Anti-Twins campaigns in Rochester the past few seasons... Thus, his opinion about what is good for the Twins (vs. Rochester) should be taken with a grain of salt the size of the Dead Sea.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  2. #282
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer gil4's Avatar
    Posts
    584
    Like
    147
    Liked 147 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Ouch! THAT...is going to leave a mark...
    I wish you were right.

  3. #283
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,285
    Like
    255
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Benson 1-for-1 so far tonight. And YES, I am going to keep doing this for while.
    Any idea why Benson has missed the last 3 games?

  4. #284
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,666
    Like
    941
    Liked 1,304 Times in 702 Posts
    I get the feeling some people here will be following Benson's career morely closely than when he was a Twin.

    I'm really going to enjoy the quarterley Benson updates for the next 3-5 years.

    It was a questionable move to be sure, but 284 posts worth......seriously?!

  5. #285
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,447
    Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Like
    1
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    It was a questionable move to be sure, but 284 posts worth......seriously?!
    It has definitely aroused more passion than I would have expected. But that's baseball. And I think it's a good thing.

  6. #286
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    344
    Like
    5
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    The particular writer does not follow the Twins nor cares about the Twins. He (like the town he represents) cares only about their AAA team, no matter the affiliate. He was one of the leading voices in the Anti-Twins campaigns in Rochester the past few seasons... Thus, his opinion about what is good for the Twins (vs. Rochester) should be taken with a grain of salt the size of the Dead Sea.
    Good to know about the writer, but I also think that it is interesting that he thinks Rochester is better without Benson. Most likely the writer is simply looking at the stats, but Benson just seems like a guy who would bring team morale down.

  7. #287
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,285
    Like
    255
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    I'm just killing time until the draft. I often follow players who leave the Twins organization, just for interest rather than for any agenda involving my prior beliefs. Minor leaguers who get dropped seldom come back to haunt anyone, though I'm sure it happens to every team once in a while. I don't fault the organization for this, I don't have any axe to grind, but that doesn't mean someone has to quit existing because they've been waived.

  8. #288
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,994
    Like
    4
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    I am not going to dig around the minor league news for the Rangers to see why he is injured. It would be easy if there were a "Rangers Daily" but I am not so sure any other team has a site like this one. I will keep checking to see if he is the lineup.

  9. #289
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,994
    Like
    4
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    While trying to find stuff, however, I saw that poor Yangervis Solarte is posting a .789 OPS in AAA for the Rangers affiliate as a utility guy (mainly infield). TALK ABOUT BLOCKED.

  10. #290
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,285
    Like
    255
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I am not going to dig around the minor league news for the Rangers to see why he is injured. It would be easy if there were a "Rangers Daily" but I am not so sure any other team has a site like this one. I will keep checking to see if he is the lineup.
    Thanks, I've actually spent a fair amount of time looking for news and couldn't find anything. Just thought you might have a better source.

  11. #291
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,520
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    68
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    He's got a pulled muscle... likely out a day or two more.

  12. #292
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,994
    Like
    4
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    He's got a pulled muscle... likely out a day or two more.
    Thanks! You are an encyclopedia. It's uncanny.

    Now I wish the Twins would have worked out a trade to bring Solarte back. Even going back to an old team has to be better than being an infielder in THAT system.

  13. #293
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    It has definitely aroused more passion than I would have expected. But that's baseball. And I think it's a good thing.
    Passion is a good thing. And discussion is a great thing. But now it seems to have turned into a singular ... mission ... of one or two ... time to move on, imho.

  14. #294
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,994
    Like
    4
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Passion is a good thing. And discussion is a great thing. But now it seems to have turned into a singular ... mission ... of one or two ... time to move on, imho.
    "singular mission"?--Do you see how many posts on various topics that some of us have made . . . daily?

    What I am mainly tired of with the Twins and some of the reactions to minor mistakes (like this one) is that these minor mistakes add up to a problem.

  15. #295
    Gleeman's negative reaction to how they handled this (shared by many on this thread) is a valid complaint. They obviously lost a young "asset" when they could have exposed a number of replacement-level veterans instead.

    But let's keep this in context. Benson has been very hurt and very terrible for about 2 years. He's not THAT young. He had no trade value at the present time. So the entire potential "harm" to the Twins never comes to fruition unless Benson rehabilitates himself for some time in the minors, finds a spot in the majors, and is something better than Clete Thomas once he arrives. That's a lot of "ifs". Not to mention that this organization actually has quite a bit of top level depth in the minors at corner OF, plus Buxton in center, and that's assuming Hicks doesn't hold onto the job.

  16. #296
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,606
    Like
    68
    Liked 380 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Thanks! You are an encyclopedia. It's uncanny.

    Now I wish the Twins would have worked out a trade to bring Solarte back. Even going back to an old team has to be better than being an infielder in THAT system.
    The Twins are loaded with tons of quality middle infielders as it is.

  17. #297
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,606
    Like
    68
    Liked 380 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I am not going to dig around the minor league news for the Rangers to see why he is injured. It would be easy if there were a "Rangers Daily" but I am not so sure any other team has a site like this one. I will keep checking to see if he is the lineup.
    The first drop down menu on top of this site has some decent fan pages. Though I don't know that any are as organized or informative as this site. I typed in "Joe Benson" into the search field on the Rangers site and no results popluated. If the Twins would have picked up a similarly previously hyped prospect from another team there would have been many results on this site I'm sure.

    The Rangers site seems to have one thread for the draft and it has 23 replies.

  18. #298
    Banned Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    715
    Like
    82
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    "singular mission"?--Do you see how many posts on various topics that some of us have made . . . daily?

    What I am mainly tired of with the Twins and some of the reactions to minor mistakes (like this one) is that these minor mistakes add up to a problem.
    True. We're still feeling the shock waves from letting Wally the Beerman go.

  19. #299
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,994
    Like
    4
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by StormJH1 View Post
    Gleeman's negative reaction to how they handled this (shared by many on this thread) is a valid complaint. They obviously lost a young "asset" when they could have exposed a number of replacement-level veterans instead.

    But let's keep this in context. Benson has been very hurt and very terrible for about 2 years. He's not THAT young. He had no trade value at the present time. So the entire potential "harm" to the Twins never comes to fruition unless Benson rehabilitates himself for some time in the minors, finds a spot in the majors, and is something better than Clete Thomas once he arrives. That's a lot of "ifs". Not to mention that this organization actually has quite a bit of top level depth in the minors at corner OF, plus Buxton in center, and that's assuming Hicks doesn't hold onto the job.
    Two years? This nonsense was already destroyed in this tread. It is much less than a year of playing time. Two years? Where do get this nonsense and who bothers to "like" this nonsense?

    AGAIN, a top 10-20 prospect on all Twins prospects lists gets LET GO FOR NOTHING instead of the 6-8 marginal no-upside players on the 40-man?

    That's cool with you? You make up a story about 2 years of poor play and that might fit your narrative, but it isn't the truth at all. The comparison to Clete is hilarious. Clete Thomas has more value than Joe Benson? No other team would have bothered with Clete at all before this season. Benson went crazy in AA immediately after leaving this organization that clearly doesn't care about treating prospects appropriately.

  20. #300
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,994
    Like
    4
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    True. We're still feeling the shock waves from letting Wally the Beerman go.
    Trading Hardy away for nothing, not batting Mauer second for years, signing Correia, trading Ramos for Capps, wasting Garrett Jones, paying Punto for multiple millions for bad performance, etc. etc. These are not worthy of flippant remarks.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.