Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosario Benched

Rosario Benched

According to LEN III, Eddie has been benched this past week because of his "approach to the game". This doesn't sound too good, but right on par with the past 2 weeks. Has this happened before with such a highly rated prospect? Anyone have any more info?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Definitely need more details about this.

heard Molitor talk about it a bit

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    heard Molitor talk about it a bit
    Oh, OK. And what, pray tell, did Molitor say?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 165 Times in 105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't need more details.

It is better for Rosario for the Twins to keep the discipline in house. He's a young guy and messed up somehow. He is benched for a few games. It happens.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Or maybe he's pissed he's still in Single A. I don't blame him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    I don't need more details.

It is better for Rosario for the Twins to keep the discipline in house. He's a young guy and messed up somehow. He is benched for a few games. It happens.
    Really? You just assume the Twins are in the right and that the best punishment was to bench a top prospect?

Senior Member All-Star
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Really? You just assume the Twins are in the right and that the best punishment was to bench a top prospect?
    I know that young guys can need discipline. I don't think it helps when the details become public. I trust Mientkiewicz to discipline the players when needed (even top prospects).

A guy is benched for a few days. It's not going to slow his development. Lack of discipline will hinder development.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Cross View Post
    Or maybe he's pissed he's still in Single A. I don't blame him.
    Come on. He's only played 39 games in Ft Myers. there is no reason for him (or you) to be pissed about not being promoted.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 812 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    I know that young guys can need discipline. I don't think it helps when the details become public. I trust Mientkiewicz to discipline the players when needed (even top prospects).

A guy is benched for a few days. It's not going to slow his development. Lack of discipline will hinder development.
    If there's a guy on in this system who can tell you first hand how a bad attitude can sour some things, it would be Dougie... If people remember right, he didn't take the Morneau thing very well.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    This is what is wrong with America today.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 75 Posts
    I'm guessing this was "leaked" by the Twins. So much for "keeping things in-house".

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    I'm guessing this was "leaked" by the Twins. So much for "keeping things in-house".
    Statement two would be appropriate if statement one was factual, but as statement one is a guess and not a fact, statement two doesn't hold.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    According to LEN III, Eddie has been benched this past week because of his "approach to the game". This doesn't sound too good, but right on par with the past 2 weeks. Has this happened before with such a highly rated prospect? Anyone have any more info?
    I'm sure it happens a lot. The Rockies demoted one of thier top prospects to EST for missing a team flight (although rumors suggested other issues as well). A few games on the bench isn't anything to get too upset over.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgoat_MN View Post
    Oh, OK. And what, pray tell, did Molitor say?
    had to leave quick, basically said Rosario wasnt paying full attention to baseball. In blowout games he was giving up ABs & lackadasical in the field. Told him he needs to have the same attention in blowout games than close games. This is an attention getter to him I suppose.

had to leave quick, basically said Rosario wasnt paying full attention to baseball. In blowout games he was giving up ABs & lackadasical in the field. Told him he needs to have the same attention in blowout games than close games. This is an attention getter to him I suppose.
    If that is the sum total of Rosario's transgressions, I am pleased as that is the most benign of the scenarios that I crossed my mind when this thread started. I am glad the benching was not related to off-field issues or insubordination/churlishness. Unless Rosario is completely clueless (a la Hanley Ramirez), he will recognize and acknowledge his lack of effort and come back playing harder.

Addendum: All of the above assumes Rosario was actually giving up at bats and playing lackadaisically as reported by GreenGoblin. I know a small segment of the posters are not willing to rule out that the Twins are simply making up reasons to antagonize one of their best prospects by benching him. To antagonize is sometimes its own reward, I guess??
    Last edited by Dance with Disco Dan; 05-25-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's not bad, then. Thanks for providing some DETAILS. As those, you know, were actually needed for this story.

Senior Member All-Star
    Blog Entries
    He is playing today.

Heard the same Molitor interview on 1500 a week or two ago. When the Miracle were put in a first inning hole, he basically checked out offensively and defensively. Had some miscues. The benching makes me think that his game has been slipping more with the recent "slide" by the team. I hope Molitor is asked about it this week. His stuff is gold. When asked if Buxton is a 30-30 guy he quickly answered, "yes" deadpan. Expected him to be more reserved or hedge a little.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Heard the same Molitor interview on 1500 a week or two ago. When the Miracle were put in a first inning hole, he basically checked out offensively and defensively. Had some miscues. The benching makes me think that his game has been slipping more with the recent "slide" by the team. I hope Molitor is asked about it this week. His stuff is gold. When asked if Buxton is a 30-30 guy he quickly answered, "yes" deadpan. Expected him to be more reserved or hedge a little.
    Agree about Molitor. Actually, I hope Paul and a Latin retired vet of HOFer in the Twins employ can get down to Ft Myers pronto and get in Roasario's head and redirect him on the path to fully realizing his ceiling level of potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast