Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Rosters are Set

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 346 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Rosters are Set

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The lack of starting pitchers at AAA really jumps out. Makes me wonder if Wimmers will be on a really fast track. Other things--
    *Bummer about Stuiffy. Hope its nothing serious. I thought it was commendable he made a decent emergency start at AAA last year.
    *For some reason I get the feeling De Los Santos will have a big year.
    *I've got to do something to quit mixing up Luis Dedomo and Sam Perduno. Luckily Jason Bulger is gone, so there won't be any confusion with Jared Burton.
    *Nice looking lineups across the board. Can't wait to start perusing box scores every morning!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm not too worried about the AAA pitching. Pitchers make the jump from AA to the show fairly regularly, especially if they can strike people out.

2014-15 is looking pretty good about now

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Goodmorning Seth, Couple questions regarding a few guys MIA. Did I miss Nate Fawbush getting released? He isn't on any of these rosters. I also didn't see catcher Phil Chapman anywhere. He was the GCL Twins top hitter (average) last year. One other recently signed guy who is MIA is Billy Killian? Finally, when Aaron Thompson was suspended the Twins said they were sticking with him. Is he in EST as well? As always Seth, Thanks!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Goodmorning Seth, Couple questions regarding a few guys MIA. Did I miss Nate Fawbush getting released? He isn't on any of these rosters. I also didn't see catcher Phil Chapman anywhere. He was the GCL Twins top hitter (average) last year. One other recently signed guy who is MIA is Billy Killian? Finally, when Aaron Thompson was suspended the Twins said they were sticking with him. Is he in EST as well? As always Seth, Thanks!
    Disregard Seth, I see you were posting this info as I was typing. What is the saying about great minds?

Phillip Chapman hurt his knee preparing for spring training and recently had knee surgery. He is just now starting to run, his return date is still TBD.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Chapman retired. Doctors told him that he likely would not be able to catch again. Really unfortunate for someone that young!

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does having Nishioka as his double play partner in Rochester hurt Brian Dozier's defensive development? Does having to wait an second or two extra at 2B on the double play while Nishioka runs around his backhand and does a spin make Dozier more likely to be injured? Wouldn't it make more sense to pair Dozier with a "normal" fielder at 2B like Chang or Dinkelman? I have a bad feeling about this...

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth,

For those of us able to catch some games at the Minor League Level who are some of the people we should try to see in other Organizations. I few years I ago I missed Kershaw but saw Trout and Moustokis, (I know I butchered that one) in MWL. Now I follow the Twins prospects but other teams not so much. So who in the MWL, FSL, and EL should we make a effort to see, players you would want to check out if you could. For instance I am going to see the Snappers and the Chiefs this weekend and have no idea who on the Chiefs is worth keeping a eye on.

If you have time that would be great. Thanks for all the info on the Twins guys.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Does having Nishioka as his double play partner in Rochester hurt Brian Dozier's defensive development? Does having to wait an second or two extra at 2B on the double play while Nishioka runs around his backhand and does a spin make Dozier more likely to be injured? Wouldn't it make more sense to pair Dozier with a "normal" fielder at 2B like Chang or Dinkelman? I have a bad feeling about this...
    No, Nishioka at 2B doesn't hurt Dozier's development in any way.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 143 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great report Seth.

I think you had Kyle Knudson on the DL at Beloit in an earlier report. Is that still the case? Did you also have Markus Solbach playing in Australia. Will he be an extended spring candidate?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Biggest suprises for me
    1) Alex Wimmers in AA and not A+ Ft. Myers (at least for April)
    2) Angel Morales and Aaron Hicks essentially swapping levels. I thought the Twins would play it safe/smart with Hicks let him get hott or tear it up in Ft. Myers then call him up sometime mid-season to AA New Britian. Instead they're starting him from the gun there that is really suprising to me. If he stuggles you hope he can pull a Joe Benson get sent down catch fire come back up to New Britian and continue to impress, develop while hitting for power.
    3) Chris Parmelee and Liam Hendriks in the big leagues, Ok in Hendriks case he has to no other choice due to Baker/ Marquis situation. But For Parmelee entirely skipping the AAA level has be a bit worrisome but he's clearly earned it.
    4)Lester Oliveros in AA and not AAA.
    5) Darin Mastroianni in AA playing 2B !?!?!? instead of OF in AAA. - I can really get behind this one!!!

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I love the picture at the end to see how big Miguel Sano is compared to other players