Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dozier

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts

Dozier

Now has a worse OPS then the struggling Aaron Hicks, at what point do we try to send him back down?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts
    Just leave him up, and see if he can play this whole year or not. EVERY young guy that has MLB experience should be up unless there is an obvious replacement. I think we are learning this is who Dozier is......which is fine, if they are willing to bring Rosario up next year, I guess.

btw, there is an obvious replacment for Worley, so I had no issue with him moving down.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    With Florimon day-to-day (I think) and Plouffe out, it would be hard to move him without other options on the 40-man (besides Santana, who isn't close).

Otherwise, yeah, "Dozier optioned to Rochester" makes a ton of sense.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Would anybody rather see Jamey Carroll playing instead of Dozier? I've found Carroll a lot more exciting to watch lately than Dozier and Carroll seems to do everything the right way. He doesn't have much power, but he always gives you a good at bat.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts
    Yes, Carroll is more fun to watch............but this year is over, and Carroll is closer to my age than to Gibson's age......leave Dozier in, and see if he can swim or not. This is the year (well, last year was, but whatever) to gather information on their players that might or might not be part of the future.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For me, 2013 is all about doing what is best for the prospects long-term. Because of his youth and having not played at AAA, I would have sent Hicks down to let him work on things. I'd send Arcia down for a little while with scouting reports catching up to him. With Dozier (and Parmelee and Plouffe), I really think they just have to let them figure it out up here as long as they can. If they let Hicks struggle as horribly as he did for as long as he did, they should do the same for Dozier.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 510 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    For me, 2013 is all about doing what is best for the prospects long-term. Because of his youth and having not played at AAA, I would have sent Hicks down to let him work on things. I'd send Arcia down for a little while with scouting reports catching up to him. With Dozier (and Parmelee and Plouffe), I really think they just have to let them figure it out up here as long as they can. If they let Hicks struggle as horribly as he did for as long as he did, they should do the same for Dozier.
    My sentiments exactly. We can also include Florimon as someone to stick with longer so that a final determination can be made.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 163 Times in 94 Posts
    The only reasonable argument for playing Carroll is highlighting him for trade bait.

Liked 142 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjgt View Post
    The only reasonable argument for playing Carroll is highlighting him for trade bait.
    It might be the only reasonable argument, but it is VERY reasonable.

Do you think we could pick up another AAAA pitch-to-contact non-prospect for him (or do we have them all already)?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjgt View Post
    He will be traded. With his play recently he might even net an upside c level prospect arm.

Senior Member All-Star
    I agree that a main goal of this season is now finding out about Plouffe, Parmelee and Dozier and whether they can be part of the plan going forward. AAA would do nothing to help figure this out.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I agree that a main goal of this season is now finding out about Plouffe, Parmelee and Dozier and whether they can be part of the plan going forward. AAA would do nothing to help figure this out.
    The thing is how long it takes to make a decision on them. They have already play during much of two seasons.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hadn't realized how bad Dozier's numbers have gotten. Holy cow.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    I hadn't realized how bad Dozier's numbers have gotten. Holy cow.
    Me neither. That's bad.

That said though, I agree with the above sentiments. He can't really be sent to AAA if you want a realistic assessment of who he is long-term. I'd include Parmelee, Plouffe, and Florimon there too. Let's just hope that at least one or two of them is worth keeping around.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by adjacent View Post
    The thing is how long it takes to make a decision on them. They have already play during much of two seasons.
    The rest of the season and then reevaluate.

Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    The rest of the season and then reevaluate.
    I just hope Dozier doesn't end up like Alexi Casilla. "This is the year for him to start!" Re-Evaluate. "OK now this is the year!" Fails again. "It's his time to shine!" And finally he got the axe last season. Seriously... just see what he's got, and when he finally proves he's not gonna be good, say adios.

Blog Entries
    I guess I fall into the Dozier fan camp and I can't see it going through to the end of the season. Another month or two should be enough to see if Dozier can ever hold down a regular position.

Blog Entries
    Of the four guys non-rookies, I've been satisfied with Florimon and while Plouffe hasn't lit it up, he has been an average 3B. Parmelee has disappointed as has Dozier. I'm not ready to give up on either, but it is more likely that a year from now they are memories than starters for this team.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    I just hope Dozier doesn't end up like Alexi Casilla. "This is the year for him to start!" Re-Evaluate. "OK now this is the year!" Fails again. "It's his time to shine!" And finally he got the axe last season. Seriously... just see what he's got, and when he finally proves he's not gonna be good, say adios.
    Dozier isn't even worthy of holding Casilla's jockstrap considering his numbers so far this year, and I'm no Casilla fan. With that said, I do agree that there is nothing left to evaluate concerning him at the AAA level. Question is, how long is this rope? He's at around 500 major league at bats and they haven't been pretty.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 311 Times in 151 Posts
    Who is the last Twins position prospect to come up and play 2 plus years of solid baseball at the "major league level? Do we have to go back to Span?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast