Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who gets DFAed?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 145 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    My choice: Benson.

He's hitting .192. He's got 50K vs 10 BB in AAA. He's either got to be DFAed or sent back down to AA as a 25-year-old.

I'll throw one more thing out which is just pure speculation....did the Twins hurt him by calling him up straight from AA in September of 2011? He struggled mightily and has literally never been remotely the same player he was before that. You can write off last year to injuries (and we all did). But for a guy who was known as sort of mentally fragile (in that he gets down on himself when he struggles) was that the right move?

We'll never know. That questions doesn't really have an answer. But I'll wonder about it.
    If Benson doesn't have the character to handle the struggle in his call up, he would never have made it in the majors anyway. Every player struggles. They need the strength to deal with it and find a way to get better. The call up did not change his character.

I really don't think it is his ability to handle the struggle. I think he ran into better pitching. Lots of guys top out at AA.
    Last edited by jorgenswest; 05-24-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 145 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is a 60 day option for the minors also. If Butera were placed on the 60 day from the minors does he count on the 40 man major league roster. If not, what's the point of the 60 day minor league disabled list?

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tyler Robertson then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123