Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Miguel Sano AA Promotion

  1. #1

    Miguel Sano AA Promotion

    I tweeted this a couple hours ago, but will also share here:
    Hearing rumblings that Sano will join the Rock Cats in a few weeks. FSL All-Star game is June 15....
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  2. #2
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,289
    Like
    1
    Liked 109 Times in 59 Posts
    Blog Entries
    231
    FYI - Andrew has been covering the New Britain Rock Cats for us.

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,918
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    I tweeted back to you saying that it means he'll be moving up to New Britain June 16. Several will move up to FM from Cedar Rapids at that time too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Triple-A InfraRen's Avatar
    Posts
    235
    Like
    18
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Good deal!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Infraren

    Till I Collapse

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,219
    Like
    15
    Liked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Arcia moved up at that time last year.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,777
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    If the Twins really want to reward productivity, a few dozen players should be moving around that time (some of them immediately after the draft and the short seasons beginning).

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    579
    Like
    6
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    I promise this is my last burn, but I sure hope Thylos wasn't the source of those rumblings. Also, I would be shocked if Sano AND Buxton didn't get call ups after all-star games. Shocked. I would also put my house (ok 1 bedroom apartment I pay rent on) that Rosario will be moved up. I would bet the over that Walker moves up to Ft. Myers. The 2 AA pitchers, I would think stay the entire year.

  8. #8
    Poor thrylos. Lol.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Poor thrylos. Lol.
    yeah, it's only been how many months since that happened...but as long as it makes someone feel good, that's what counts...it's not like thrylos didn't get enough abuse for this a long time ago...

  10. #10
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,918
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    Arcia moved up at that time last year.
    That's what people forget. Arcia was in Ft. Myers at this time last year... But, the Twins traditionally promote 2-4 players from FM to NB after the All-Star game, and the same from CR to FM. They're earned the nod, no harm in letting them get that recognition. 3 weeks isn't going to hurt a guy.

  11. #11
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,115
    Like
    370
    Liked 327 Times in 217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    I promise this is my last burn, but I sure hope Thylos wasn't the source of those rumblings. Also, I would be shocked if Sano AND Buxton didn't get call ups after all-star games. Shocked. I would also put my house (ok 1 bedroom apartment I pay rent on) that Rosario will be moved up. I would bet the over that Walker moves up to Ft. Myers. The 2 AA pitchers, I would think stay the entire year.
    Alex Meyer has the 2nd best FIP in the Eastern League (basically tied with Kevin Guasman, who debuts for the Orioles tonight). No reason to hold him back if spots open up above him.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,163
    Like
    19
    Liked 195 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Alex Meyer has the 2nd best FIP in the Eastern League (basically tied with Kevin Guasman, who debuts for the Orioles tonight). No reason to hold him back if spots open up above him.
    Not possible, the 10 rotation spots above him in AAA and the majors are filled with rock solid starters.

    I'd like to see the Twins keep the dynamic duos together. I like the Sano/Rosario pairing and the Buxton/Walker pairing. Keep them together to keep some continuity and hopefully they push each other knowing they don't want to get left behind a level when their buddy gets moved. Of course this only goes if promotions are deserved, which at this point they are.

  13. #13
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,115
    Like
    370
    Liked 327 Times in 217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Not possible, the 10 rotation spots above him in AAA and the majors are filled with rock solid starters.

    Of course this only goes if promotions are deserved, which at this point they are.
    Sarcasm will get you nowhere on this board, the Twins apologists are apt to take you seriously!

    Despite the unevenness of the M&M duo, I wouldn't be opposed to a joint promotion to AAA or to the Twins. Yesterday would suffice.

  14. #14
    Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,755
    Like
    132
    Liked 106 Times in 64 Posts
    Before promoting Meyer (and this is somewhat the case with Gibson as well), it's important for the Twins to assess what they have as far as filling out the rotation. And I imagine that's what they'll continue to do all season, until Sept. when we might see Meyer.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Alex Meyer has the 2nd best FIP in the Eastern League (basically tied with Kevin Guasman, who debuts for the Orioles tonight). No reason to hold him back if spots open up above him.
    I've watched 2 of Meyer's starts in person. One last month, which I blogged about, and last night's. Neither were his best performances, so take that into account when you read the following:

    Being completely honest, I think he still has work to do in AA. At times he's overpowering, and other times he loses control and composure, and becomes hittable. That being said, he's still our best pitching prospect. I'd be surprised if he lasted the entire season in New Britain, but I don't see him leaving after the Eastern League All-Star Game (being held in New Britain, by the way).
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  16. #16
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    579
    Like
    6
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Since we are talking prospects, how long will May be a starter? Seriously, if he were to have the same or worse control issues, how long to you keep trying him as a starter. I know you do everything in your power to keep him starting. But at what point do you put a guy in the bullpen? Or do you wait until he proves he can't be a starter in majors like Perkins? This should be a thread all by itself but I thought I would ask.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Since we are talking prospects, how long will May be a starter? Seriously, if he were to have the same or worse control issues, how long to you keep trying him as a starter. I know you do everything in your power to keep him starting. But at what point do you put a guy in the bullpen? Or do you wait until he proves he can't be a starter in majors like Perkins? This should be a thread all by itself but I thought I would ask.
    That's a good question. Here's my uneducated opinion: especially considering this organization and the way we need SPs, you go as long as possible trying him as a starter. The control issue has to be solved, or contained, at some point, though, because he won't be effective as a reliever with this control problem, either.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  18. #18
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    159
    Like
    4
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
    I've seen one of Meyer's starts as well, and I completely agree with Andrew. He still needs to work on his game-to-game and inning-to-inning consistency.

  19. #19
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,650
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    I've seen one of Meyer's starts as well, and I completely agree with Andrew. He still needs to work on his game-to-game and inning-to-inning consistency.
    Are you not familiar with xFIP? Shouldn't that be driving all pitching promotion decisions?
    Papers...business papers.

  20. #20
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,650
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    That's a good question. Here's my uneducated opinion: especially considering this organization and the way we need SPs, you go as long as possible trying him as a starter. The control issue has to be solved, or contained, at some point, though, because he won't be effective as a reliever with this control problem, either.
    I agree with this. Keep him as long as possible, hope the light switch goes on. But he probably ends up as a back of the bullpen guy, which would be an acceptable (if not the best) outcome.

    I have a feeling he might get a couple innings in Minnesota in September.
    Papers...business papers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.