Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins Miss Golden Opportunity to Promote Top Prospect

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Fair enough, TT, fair enough.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Burning an option or service time considerations are not the issue here.

He'll be up at AA soon enough. If he does well there I think he debuts in September. Twins will want something good after another long season.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Great idea, but why stop there? Shouldn't Buxton be playing CF too? Rosario at 2nd?
    Pitching is struggling - there has to be room for Berrios.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Yup, it's all about money. Winning and hope and giving the fans a reason to come to the game is stupid.
    Careful. You're sarcasm is showing.

My post was not that he should be kept in Florida - just that you don't jump him to Minnesota for a 7-day period.

If the feeling of management was that he was truly MLB-ready, then I have no problem bringing him up - but only if the intent is for him to stay, not on a temporary basis.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let me clarify and say that I made a mistake. I thought for some odd reason that Sano was on the 40 man roster already and thus, a promotion wouldn't hurt his service time. I was mistaken and I apologize. I do however, think if he was on a 40 man roster, a 7 day promotion wouldn't hurt his development and it'd allow the team to see where he is at. ONLY a seven day audition is all I was advocating for, not a full time. I absolutely 100% agree that his next step should be Double-A, not straight to the majors full time.

I'm not that irrational of a fan and I wrote the article for a good discussion piece, which it has done and I appreciate all of your thoughts. But again, I made a mistake thinking he was on the 40 man roster, I was only advocating for a 7 day call up for promotional/see where he is at purposes and then to send him back to High-A or Double-A.

Thanks again for all your comments!

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    I'm all for moving him to AA some time in the very near future. It sounds like his defense has improved a lot (which he can still work on in AA).

As far a bringing him up to big league club straight from A+... I don't think I could stand watching our top prospect whiffing on big league curve balls and sliders for 7 days straight. Let's see what he can do with a AA pitching first.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I thought it was clear that entire rant was irrational, I even said that.
    Awesome post. Seriously. You go off the deep end sometimes, but can at least usually see it for exactly that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    mike wants wins, thanks for the information. I hadn't realized they wouldn't be better next year until you told me.

edited by me...instead of leaving up what I really wanted to say, I chose another course of action instead.
    Last edited by ThePuck; 05-23-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Burning an option or service time considerations are not the issue here.

He'll be up at AA soon enough. If he does well there I think he debuts in September. Twins will want something good after another long season.
    This is the post I find to be the thinking in line with mine. In a couple months we should have a few more candidates to dump from the 40-man to open up that spot, then we can call him up in September. Let him DH the last month of the season if his defense is still well below acceptable, but find out if he can hit anything off a major league pitcher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12