Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Vance Worley Demoted to AAA-Rochester

they said before that it came down to gibson, deduno & walters ...supposedly gibson wasnt ready & deduno was better to face the tigers...well nothing has changed since then...deduno was promoted & gibson , walters havent pitched again..so if there reasons were correct then it has to be walters.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    If we're only looking at 40 man options, then it's Gibson or Hendriks. As far as who gets moved from the 40 man for Deduno?
    Here are a few options:
    B.J. Hermsen (who's struggling in AA and doesn't have much potential)
    Tim Wood
    Tyler Robertson
    Liam Hendriks
    Drew Butera
    Chris Herrmann
    Joe Benson
    Wilkin Ramirez

Two of those guys would have to be kicked off the 40 man if it's Albers. I think Benson,Hendriks, Herrmann, and Ramirez would be very unlikely. Butera would surprise me a little too, but those guys should all be in line. Probably 2/3 of Robertson, Wood, and Hermsen.
    Pretty sure Hendriks is hurt. It won't be him.

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Vance Worley Demoted to AAA-Rochester

Liked 142 Times in 78 Posts
    I didn't know Worley still had optiions left. It doesn't solve the problem, but at least the paperwork is easier.

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Worley down. Big Pelf is next.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I suspect the Twins are waiting to hear from Worley's agent as to whether or not he'll accept the assignment (his option was exercised by the Phillies in his rookie year).

It seems unlikely he'll decline the assignment, but if he does, that opens a spot on the 40-man; otherwise, he'll likely just be replaced on the 25-man.

Rhett Bollinger thought he had options left. I'll take Walters or Gibson over Worley. He reminded me of Nick Blackburn. No out pitch, no K's, poor control. It had to be done.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    he'll be arbitration eligible for the first time next year...can't be a FA until 2018. I can't imagine them just letting him go.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 814 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Besides Innings Pitched, what has PJ done better than Albers so far?
    Minor League track record? Albers. K/9? Albers. WHIP? Albers. ERA? Albers. Walks/9? Albers. Age? Albers.

They are in the exact same boat roster wise and Andrew has a lot more going for him. I don't see any way Walters would be above Albers or Gibson right now. It's between the last two for the spot.
    You want stats? Check Gibson and Walters stats. They're virtually identical.

Though I'm not a PJ fan, I think you're wishcasting Albers' chances for success as Albers is basically Slama in the Twins way of thinking.
    Last edited by jokin; 05-22-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    CBS Sports said he is definitely optioned.

our opening day starter everyone!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Hard to complain about the move. He has an option so I understand the decision but I wonder if yesterdays rain delay helped Pelfrey avoid an 8-0 deficit after three and spared him from being exposed to waivers.

The Rochester rotation is far from exciting outside of Gibson, still, it would at least make things exciting for about two weeks if they just swapped them all out.
    Yesterday I was thinking this could be Pelf's last chance. Saved by the rain! But his leash is very short also.

Maybe we should just start Perkins or Burton, just to see if we could put a zero on the board in the first inning.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Yup, Ryan still hasn't learned his lesson. Go big or go home in free agency. Use all of you money on one or two quality players. If you nickle and dime a half dozen guys all you end up doing is paying players free agent prices when you could get the same results from the below average talent in AAA.
    Excellent, except the Twins had the money to do a little of both!
    (A topline starter for big bucks- an inexpensive MI and CF and an additional cheap SP)

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If we're only looking at 40 man options, then it's Gibson or Hendriks. As far as who gets moved from the 40 man for Deduno?
    Here are a few options:
    B.J. Hermsen (who's struggling in AA and doesn't have much potential)
    Tim Wood
    Tyler Robertson
    Liam Hendriks
    Drew Butera
    Chris Herrmann
    Joe Benson
    Wilkin Ramirez

Two of those guys would have to be kicked off the 40 man if it's Albers. I think Benson,Hendriks, Herrmann, and Ramirez would be very unlikely. Butera would surprise me a little too, but those guys should all be in line. Probably 2/3 of Robertson, Wood, and Hermsen.
    Of those guys, I think Butera can be put on waivers without the risk of him getting claimed. All the other guys might get claimed, so I would put Ramirez and then Wood on waivers if I had to. Those are two guys that don't figure in the Twins plans now or in the future.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    How long before some what to see Blackburn again?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Yesterday I was thinking this could be Pelf's last chance. Saved by the rain! But his leash is very short also.

Maybe we should just start Perkins or Burton, just to see if we could put a zero on the board in the first inning.
    I think it's worth reopening the debate about having a couple of 3x3IP pitching options in place of the 7.00+ ERA guys.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    I think it's worth reopening the debate about having a couple of 3x3IP pitching options in place of the 7.00+ ERA guys.
    the guy that keeps typing that is a genius, but I don't see the Twins thinking outside the box that much*

*assuming you mean my idea of having lots of relievers that pitch every few days, in lieu of starters, if not, then that guy is not a genius really....
    Lighten up Francis....

Hendriks is on the disabled list..........

Optioning Worley means if he stays down, perhaps at least 30 days, the Twins escape arbitration with him, I think.............

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    You want stats? Check Gibson and Walters stats. They're virtually identical.

Though I'm not a PJ fan, I think you're wishcasting Albers' chances for success as Albers is basically Slama in the Twins way of thinking.
    Basically I don't see how Walters is a better pitcher than Albers. The Twins can go 2 directions. They can reward potential with Gibson or they can reward results with Albers. Walters isn't the #1 guy in either of those categories. Comparing Gibson and Walters is pretty silly because we know who is superior.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Basically I don't see how Walters is a better pitcher than Albers. The Twins can go 2 directions. They can reward potential with Gibson or they can reward results with Albers. Walters isn't the #1 guy in either of those categories. Comparing Gibson and Walters is pretty silly because we know who is superior.
    We all know it, but Twins management insists that they need to see more consistency from Gibson before he's worthy of the call. No such "criteria" is needed for Walters, you know what you're going to get from Walters provided he's healthy.

Regarding Albers, I'd like nothing better than to see him called up and succeed, but his current stuff (FB in the mid-80s?) apparently doesn't translate to the majors, ala Slama.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast