Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Vance Worley Demoted to AAA-Rochester

It's being reported that Worley has been optioned to AAA

They are reporting on KFAN that vanimal is being sent down....

so who is coming up besides Deduno?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Gardy confirmed that in his post-game discussion.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Andrew Albers or Kyle Gibson I hope.

It almost has to be Gibson, right? They already have to make another move on the 40 man for Deduno on Friday. I doubt they make another move after likely moving Wood to the 60 day DL.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts
    Wow. I never expected this when they acquired him. But, Ryan is at least taking action.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    I'm not sure I've seen enough consistency out of Gibson since he was passed over for Deduno.

Senior Member MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen enough consistency out of Gibson since he was passed over for Deduno.
    His performance has been the same every outing since it happened, so he's been very consistent in the last 24 hours or so.....I bet Albers is next.
    Lighten up Francis....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanklenuts View Post
    It almost has to be Gibson, right? They already have to make another move on the 40 man for Deduno on Friday. I doubt they make another move after likely moving Wood to the 60 day DL.
    If we're only looking at 40 man options, then it's Gibson or Hendriks. As far as who gets moved from the 40 man for Deduno?
    Here are a few options:
    B.J. Hermsen (who's struggling in AA and doesn't have much potential)
    Tim Wood
    Tyler Robertson
    Liam Hendriks
    Drew Butera
    Chris Herrmann
    Joe Benson
    Wilkin Ramirez

Two of those guys would have to be kicked off the 40 man if it's Albers. I think Benson,Hendriks, Herrmann, and Ramirez would be very unlikely. Butera would surprise me a little too, but those guys should all be in line. Probably 2/3 of Robertson, Wood, and Hermsen.
    Last edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse; 05-22-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    His performance has been the same every outing since it happened, so he's been very consistent in the last 24 hours or so.....I bet Albers is next.
    What? No PJ love on this board?

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 311 Times in 151 Posts
    Until Gibson can be consistently bad he doesn't belong in the Twins rotation.
    Consistency or bust!
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    What? No PJ love on this board?
    Besides Innings Pitched, what has PJ done better than Albers so far?
    Minor League track record? Albers. K/9? Albers. WHIP? Albers. ERA? Albers. Walks/9? Albers. Age? Albers.

They are in the exact same boat roster wise and Andrew has a lot more going for him. I don't see any way Walters would be above Albers or Gibson right now. It's between the last two for the spot.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,250 Times in 498 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Until Gibson can be consistently bad he doesn't belong in the Twins rotation.
    Consistency or bust!
    Consistently bust, perhaps?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    Hard to complain about the move. He has an option so I understand the decision but I wonder if yesterdays rain delay helped Pelfrey avoid an 8-0 deficit after three and spared him from being exposed to waivers.

The Rochester rotation is far from exciting outside of Gibson, still, it would at least make things exciting for about two weeks if they just swapped them all out.

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I keep waiting to hear that Worley has a bum arm or something. There has to be some sort of explanation for how awful he's been this year, doesn't there? I mean even if you account for the change in leagues, it doesn't mean he'd be this bad. Hopefully he can get straightened out by the staff at AAA.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Hard to complain about the move. He has an option so I understand the decision but I wonder if yesterdays rain delay helped Pelfrey avoid an 8-0 deficit after three and spared him from being exposed to waivers.

The Rochester rotation is far from exciting outside of Gibson, still, it would at least make things exciting for about two weeks if they just swapped them all out.
    I've been speculating that the entire Red Wings rotation is better than Twins'. If Cole DeVries pitches better than it has a chance. Virgil Vasquez would also have to be excluded for Hendriks. That's also counting Deduno as a Red Wing.

Senior Member MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I've been speculating that the entire Red Wings rotation is better than Twins'. If Cole DeVries pitches better than it has a chance. Virgil Vasquez would also have to be excluded for Hendriks. That's also counting Deduno as a Red Wing.

It's possible, begging certain questions about offseason decisions.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Twins optioned RHP Vance Worley to Triple-A Rochester.

No word yet on whether Kyle Gibson will be the choice to replace him, but don't count it out. The Twins acquired Worley from the Phillies over the winter in hopes that he would be a productive member of the starting rotation, but he has been anything but. After being knocked around for eight runs in 3 2/3 innings Wednesday by the Braves, the 25-year-old has an ugly 7.21 ERA across 10 starts. If Worley can turn things around in the minors, he figures to get another chance soon.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Twins transferred OF Darin Mastroianni from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

The move clears a spot for Chris Colabello on the 40-man roster. Mastroianni is scheduled to undergo surgery Wednesday to repair a bone chip on his left ankle and will be sidelined until the second half of the season.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    It's possible, begging certain questions about offseason decisions.....
    Yup, Ryan still hasn't learned his lesson. Go big or go home in free agency. Use all of you money on one or two quality players. If you nickle and dime a half dozen guys all you end up doing is paying players free agent prices when you could get the same results from the below average talent in AAA.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,250 Times in 498 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Twins transferred OF Darin Mastroianni from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

The move clears a spot for Chris Colabello on the 40-man roster. Mastroianni is scheduled to undergo surgery Wednesday to repair a bone chip on his left ankle and will be sidelined until the second half of the season.
    There's a thread for that.

http://twinsdaily.com/minnesota-twin...ted-twins.html
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast