Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/19): Gibson, Richardson, Colabello Star

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/19): Gibson, Richardson, Colabello Star

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Re: Richardson's triple. Not sure whether you were watching on TV, but from the ballpark it could have been an inside the park. It was hit at center right field and split the CF and RF and slowly went to the base of the wall, there was some mishandling there as well. Glynn gave him the stop sign at third with about 3 seconds before the ball got there. At that point Rochester was up by 10, so I do understand the decision...

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The former big leaguer should be considered a possible Aaron Hicks replacement when the Twins decide to send him down.
    He should be coming to the Twins soon.
    Gibson should be pitching in a Twins uniform very soon.
    Seth, you are usually pretty cautious about making definitive statements on promotions. The above 3 statements are pretty firmly stated. With Hicks especially, you said "when", not if.

Any inside indications that you are receiving, and if so, how soon do you see them coming to fruition?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No inside information on any of that. Regarding Hicks, I still think AAA time will help him in the long run, and right now, Richardson would be the guy. Two weeks ago, it would have been Clete Thomas, and it may be again in another week. Regarding Colabello, it's just a matter of an opportunity, something he can't really control, but he's getting it done this far. As for Gibson, I mean, with Pedro Hernandez struggling again, a move could be made with the 5th starter job. Then again, as I've pointed out, Albers has been the best and most consistent in Rochester. Walters has been terrific as well. Deduno limits runs. De Vries just needs some innings. But Gibson certainly is the best of that bunch.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So we just have a bunch of AAAA starters sitting down in AAA right now? What to do with a pitching surplus......

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant wait til Gibson is on the team, then we will have atleast 1 starter that doesnt struggle to hit 90 on the gun....

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    So we just have a bunch of AAAA starters sitting down in AAA right now? What to do with a pitching surplus......
    We dont have a pitching surplus, we are just waiting for the right time to call up Gibson. Hernandez has no rights to be on a big league team, nor does Pelfrey or Worley. By the end of the season Our roto will be Diamond, Correia, Gibson, Meyer and probably worley or plefrey...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodin4Calder View Post
    We dont have a pitching surplus, we are just waiting for the right time to call up Gibson. Hernandez has no rights to be on a big league team, nor does Pelfrey or Worley. By the end of the season Our roto will be Diamond, Correia, Gibson, Meyer and probably worley or plefrey...
    Well, when you guys figure out when you want to call up Gibson, let me know so I can watch his first start.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some of these pitchers will change in the next month. Will see how this shakes out.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    Well, when you guys figure out when you want to call up Gibson, let me know so I can watch his first start.
    I think he should of been up here 2 weeks ago. Hopefully todays game will get him up here.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gotta find a place on this staff for a guy that throws two shutouts in his last three games.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    Gotta find a place on this staff for a guy that throws two shutouts in his last three games.
    Right, in his conference only him and another guy have thrown a SO and only he has 2. I cant help but be excited we might of finaly found our first good top of the roto pitcher since Santana left

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Right, in his conference only him and another guy have thrown a SO and only he has 2. I cant help but be excited we might of finaly found our first good top of the roto pitcher since Santana left
    Would that conference that "He" is in be the Big East or the ACC?

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Would that conference that "He" is in be the Big East or the ACC?
    Gibson is in the international league conference in AAA.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gibson is in the international league conference in AAA.
    It's just a league. Not a conference. Like the Major League. That's what jokin is trying to say by his joke.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    It's just a league. Not a conference. Like the Major League. That's what jokin is trying to say by his joke.
    Whoosh...

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I didnt know every little thing I said was going to get cretiqued. Theres a bunch of different Leagues in AAA and I called it a conference which isnt a big deal. I guess sarcasm was the best way to acknowledge that...

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    It's time for Gibson to get called up. The entire rotation has been a crap shoot for the last year+, let's at least give Gibson a crack at it. Either way, the innings limit is going to be disappointing when it kicks in. Necessary, but disappointing. Can't wait to see this kid let it fly without restrictions for a full season

Colabello was rockin in Spring Training as well as in the World Baseball Classic, and he sure is pounding it down in Rochester. But in the WBC, he was having a lot of trouble with breaking balls from right handed pitchers. Is that still a problem? If it is, those guys will eat him up in the bigs. (note - I did not say Major League level)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Seth, have you heard anything about Rosario's absence in Fort Myers? I know he missed a few games a week ago before returning a couple days ago. He was hit by a pitch in his return and was removed from the game. Hasn't played since.

Speaking of being hit, Rosario and Sano have been hit a lot in the FSL. Any comments by Mientkiewicz or the players on the Miracle?
    Last edited by roger; 05-20-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast