Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama Scandal

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Banning Levi in three... two...
    Classless move by you Brock, but thats nothing new.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 652 Times in 366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    Luckily, Brock is as good at hitting the ban button as some posters are about sensing sarcasm.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    So "many people don't know about it" has transformed into "no one knows about it". I know about it. Most of the posters in this thread apparently know about it. The GOP tried to use it as a wedge issue in the last election so apparently they knew about it. Thereby, anyone who followed the election knew about it.

Lots of people know about it. In my observations, most who do not carry a partisan agenda do not care about it.

And you really need to step off that high horse of yours. Five posts ago, you accused me of insulting you after the fact while this post can easily be interpreted as an insult aimed directly at me.
    If you don't know what it was all about then you don't know about it. If you come up with examples of more then 4 people dying under Bush then you don't know about it.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't make me ban you, too.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Luckily, Brock is as good at hitting the ban button as some posters are about sensing sarcasm.
    Hey, I'm almost up to an average of one ban per year now.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 503 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have to admit I'm a bit surprised at vitriol targeted towards Brock. While I don't always agree with him, I find his posts to be pretty intelligent and well thought out.

That said, the left sucks... and the right sucks.... Vote Libertarian.

Re IRS scandal I don't know how many of you work for large corporations but to expect the head to know exactly is going on in any small section of that organization is naive. The IRS employs 100000+ people I would doubt that the section that did this is more than a couple hundred. In my experience the leader of that section would have been told I don't care how you move these cases just do it.

These things just kinda happen no different than a banker making stupidly large risky bets because if he doesn't make his quota or beat the market his job is on the line.
    Last edited by Frozented9; 05-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozented9 View Post
    Re IRS scandal I don't know how many of you work for large corporations but to expect the head to know exactly is going on in any small section of that organization is naive. The IRS employs 100000+ people I would doubt that the section that did this is more than a couple hundred. In my experience the leader of that section would have been told I don't care how you move these cases just do it.

These things just kinda happen no different than a banker making stupidly large risky bets because if he doesn't make his quota or beat the market his job is on the line.
    Very possible if these things had taken 3 or 4 months, when it's 3 or 4 years and it has been well known for over a year (an election year) the simple excuse no longer works. If my cable is out 6 hours or even 6 days thats a low level problem if it's out for 6 months thats on the guy in charge.

Very possible if these things had taken 3 or 4 months, when it's 3 or 4 years and it has been well known for over a year (an election year) the simple excuse no longer works. If my cable is out 6 hours or even 6 days thats a low level problem if it's out for 6 months thats on the guy in charge.
    What it though? These applications would ave not started coming in until after citizens united which was decided in 2010 and I would not think the applications would have started in mass for about 6 months. From my experience it can take 6-8 months for a realize how ****ed up the caseload situation is.

This is based off of experience in the mortgage industry where we can see heavy volume out of nowhere with less than a weeks notice. If that happens to us it can take months to respond they way we know needs to. Just because it takes time to train people in and make them useful.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 503 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozented9 View Post

This may be true, but part of being at the top is being responsible for those who work underneath you, because the buck stops with that person... That person is also responsible for creating the culture that allows people to get away with this. The person in charge of the IRS may not have known about it, but that same person still carries a lot of responsibility for it.

Totally agree the head of the IRS should be fired. I just don't believe in vast right or left wing conspiracy's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123