Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: 2013 Draft: The Boards

  1. #21
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    I agree on the lack of high school arms, but I'm just getting the feeling Stewart's going to be the guy. And to put the cherry on top, Ryan Boldt drops to the Twins pick in the 2nd round.

    Ok... back to reality.
    Haha, a Stewart/Boldt draft would be amazing. Hopefully you are right!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    583
    Like
    4
    Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    I agree on the lack of high school arms, but I'm just getting the feeling Stewart's going to be the guy. And to put the cherry on top, Ryan Boldt drops to the Twins pick in the 2nd round.

    Ok... back to reality.
    Stewart would be great. I agree with you he is the one I want. But they got to be sure about his signability.

  3. #23
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,086
    Like
    15
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Despite the Twins draft history right now I think even Stewart is at the top of their draft board. I really don't see a case that he isn't at the very least tied for the 4th BPA in this draft and he's a starter.

  4. #24
    Banned Double-A
    Posts
    107
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say we have to take Stewart. Hes got more potential than Appel and Gray but hes raw. Look at it this way, If he was as old as Gray or Appel and in college ball by that time he would be just as good or better so he would be the 1st pick this year.

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,086
    Like
    15
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodin4Calder View Post
    I say we have to take Stewart. Hes got more potential than Appel and Gray but hes raw. Look at it this way, If he was as old as Gray or Appel and in college ball by that time he would be just as good or better so he would be the 1st pick this year.
    He's my pick also but you still won't acknowledge a simple part of the equation. If he returned to college he could become anything from a 1st overall pick to a 10th rd pick in those 3 yrs. There's a good chance that Stewart never sees the majors. Gray and Appel have really high floors and are nearly locks to be MLB starters at this point. That's why they are the #1a and #1b best players in this draft. Imo the only reason that Stewart is any better than Meadows/Frazier is that he's a pitcher and the Twins really need pitching.

  6. #26
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    Bleacher reports board is up. it is actually several different boards in one...Here is a link:

    MLB Draft Big Board 2013: Mike Rosenbaum's Complete Pre-Draft Rankings | Bleacher Report

  7. #27
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    633
    Like
    7
    Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    Bleacher reports board is up. it is actually several different boards in one...Here is a link:

    MLB Draft Big Board 2013: Mike Rosenbaum's Complete Pre-Draft Rankings | Bleacher Report
    Just opened this link and saw a "Begin Slideshow" link...worst website ever. I don't care how much cred this Rosenbaum has, the fact that he is on Bleacher Report makes him a baby-killing Nazi. I take that back, he is worse. At least baby-killing Nazi's had better articles about the 1942 MLB draft. They could fit everything on one page.

  8. #28
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    The Bleacher Reports boards are pretty solid but there are several things I question. The biggest is having Manaea as the best velocity for LHPs while they have several guys who throw harder on their board. That's even including Manaea's Cape Cod velocity.

  9. #29
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Just opened this link and saw a "Begin Slideshow" link...worst website ever. I don't care how much cred this Rosenbaum has, the fact that he is on Bleacher Report makes him a baby-killing Nazi. I take that back, he is worse. At least baby-killing Nazi's had better articles about the 1942 MLB draft. They could fit everything on one page.
    Haha, slide shows are annoying! But in this case, with several different boards, I can live with it.

  10. #30
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    Matt Garrioch released his new draft board today. Enjoy.

    2013 MLB Draft: Matt Garrioch's Draft Board - Minor League Ball

  11. #31
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    My question is this, Why isint Carlos Salazar ranked higher then he is?
    A high schooler hitting 97mph, along with 3 other pitches.... hope we take him in the 3rd round if he is still avalible.....

  12. #32
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    BA released it's update prospect list today going from 100 prospects to 250.

  13. #33
    Super Moderator All-Star
    Posts
    3,426
    Like
    171
    Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Appel and Gray at 3 and 4... Not sure what to think about that. Here's to hoping at least 2 of the other top 3 GMs agree.

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,186
    Like
    99
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Appel and Gray at 3 and 4... Not sure what to think about that. Here's to hoping at least 2 of the other top 3 GMs agree.
    Can't see it.

  15. #35
    Super Moderator All-Star
    Posts
    3,426
    Like
    171
    Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Can't see it.
    I can't either... Just commenting on Matt's board and hoping there's something to it.

  16. #36
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    Christopher Crawford updated his draft board. Enjoy.

    The Board 2013: Volume VII |

  17. #37
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    0
    Liked 71 Times in 49 Posts
    BA posted their updated 500 player draft board. Link below:

    BaseballAmerica.com: Draft Preview Database

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.