Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Opening Day Get Together?!

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Opening Day Get Together?!

Does anyone know of an Opening day (Friday 4/6 @ 2pm) gathering? I will be taking a half day that day and would enjoy watching the games with fellow Twins fans! Anything set up yet? I went to the Gleeman & Geek Spring Training get together, and enjoyed that, hoping for something along those lines...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll probably be at the stadium, getting the Roof Deck ready for the home opener

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Stay tuned. Aaron and I have been talking about the same thing and are talking to bars. I should hear back soon.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have a connection with the owners at Pepito's in South Minneapolis. They have a nice sized place in the back with a big screen projector. I could possibly work that connection if needed. I'm sure Friday at 2pm wouldn't be too hectic.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some co-workers and I were going to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Crystal when we got off work. If there is something else going on let me know.
    I bent my wookie...

I was thinking of rounding up some friends to watch at one of the bars around target field. Hubert's maybe. Or whatever Smalley's is now called.

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Real fans goto the actual game.

Posers

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But Baltimore sucks!

I'll be at Pickle's in Baltimore just after noon and then Camden Yards for the event. I don't have tickets yet for any of the games, but 'scalper Bob' always hooks me up

Is that a character from The Wire?

He's a real dude that drives a real Range Rover... he scalps for all the DC/Balt sporting events. His name happens to be Robert.

Banned Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meister View Post
    I'll be at Pickle's in Baltimore just after noon and then Camden Yards for the event. I don't have tickets yet for any of the games, but 'scalper Bob' always hooks me up
    Best of luck man, tickets are going fast and have been increasing in price, been monitoring for the past couple weeks and finally snagged a couple today that were put up somewhat cheap ($99 each for section 17)