Thread: Article: Twins Cut Four More, Roster Set

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Eight relievers.

Eight.

Relievers.

Quantity, wave goodbye to quality. We won't be seeing him again for awhile.

And four bench players to back up a bunch of guys who couldn't stay healthy if you froze them in carbonate. What could go wrong?

If M&M/Span are healthy enough to add ten wins over 2011, that gets the Twins to a pythag of 95 losses in 2012.

On second thought, why not audition half the journeyman relievers baseball and lose a couple extra games due to limited bench options? It's already pretty much a lost season.
    8 relievers with 4 starters. It's still 12 pitchers. Of course that is generally gratuitous, but maybe not for April. We'll see what they do after that.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'm Optimistic like every year at this time. Pitching is a little worrisome and I still don't understand why Willingham can't play RF. I liked the lineup with Revere starting in LF. His speed and defense is a plus. Yeah the arm thing but we will need guys who can go get it in the OF. We have pitch to contact pitchers.
    I agree totally. Not just pitch to contact pitchers, but pitchers who give up fly balls. I haven't heard much around here other than me talking to myself about Willingham's inability to move to right field being totally ridiculous. I do wonder how this is going to play out. If this really is a no-way-Jose (Gardy!) kind of thing, or if he would still be willing to be a professional baseball player and move to right field later. If this is the case in the long term, I would rather have Revere at Rochester and trade him later in the year (assuming he does well there).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I still don't understand why Willingham can't play RF.
    I've seen a lot of this claim, despite never having seen anyone from the team claim this was the case. When the announcement was made that he'd be the left fielder, the reasons given were all about other players and not about Willingham.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eight relievers.

Eight.

Relievers.

Quantity, wave goodbye to quality. We won't be seeing him again for awhile.

And four bench players to back up a bunch of guys who couldn't stay healthy
    if you froze them in carbonate. What could go wrong?

If M&M/Span are healthy enough to add ten wins over 2011, that gets the Twins to a pythag
    of 95 losses in 2012.

On second thought, why not audition half the journeyman relievers In baseball and lose a couple
    extra games due to limited bench options? It's already pretty much a lost season.

Yep. No use watching.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    I've seen a lot of this claim, despite never having seen anyone from the team claim this was the case. When the announcement was made that he'd be the left fielder, the reasons given were all about other players and not about Willingham.
    The only thing that makes sense was Doumit to RF based on Morneau to DH and therefore Willingham to LF. Burroughs making the team took out Towles and that means the backup catcher cant DH. Either way... Grady just benched a guy in Revere who could steal 50 bases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12